• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,071 posts in this topic

:cloud9:

1crossfire.jpg

1sheena.jpg

1bettyp.jpg

Those Stevens books are gorgeous. I still have all the Rocketeers in their various incarnations but I didn't realize all the other stuff he did. Are those books still readily available at reasonable prices?

I forgot to post this freshly slabbed book. I bought it as a 9.6 raw. Could be a pedigree? :whistle:

I think you just earned yourself your own gallery on the Green River Visual Database Website. (thumbs u

It's.....supposed to be an honor! doh!

The Committee

PS.... there isn't a single piece of information on Goon's new custom page that isn't easily available on the internet. Final prices for books won on Ebay, Pedigree and Comiclink are sitting right on the sites themselves. As for "private information", there isn't a single piece of information posted that could be considered private. I think when you lied straight out about being willing to work "together", well, all bets were off. End of story. Stop being a drama queen.

This whole situation highlights what's different about this Forum now than, let's say, three years ago. Used to be that Forum members respected others' collecting goals especially those with a narrow focus. Apparently that respect has been lost and replaced with oneupmanship...

Jim

The interesting thing is that when this guy contacted me about the Green River website about two weeks ago...he expressed surprise that I even collected Green Rivers. That might have something to do with the fact that I don't pound it over everyone's head constantly.

I do not mind competing. I don't presume that every Green River should come to me. Far from it. And my track record on the boards speaks for itself. I could never have collected what I have, and I certainly could not have built the database (which contains many many books that I do not own and reside in the collections of others) without the help of dozens of individuals on these boards, who I try never to miss an opportunity to thank and acknowledge my gratitude towards.

I'm as competitive as the next collector when it comes to my area of interest, but this is ostensibly a community. I was taken aback by the dishonesty of this guy (now in his third incarnation on the boards - as he burns one bridge by off board members and then moving on to another identity) who told me initially he would be happy to work with me, and then backed right off of his word as soon as the next available GR came up on Ebay.

I'd be happy to go into the details of how he requested my high bid on that one book that he said he'd step aside on. I reluctantly gave him that information, and he used it to throw in a monster last second snipe and ultimately pay about four times what the book was worth. Takes brains to do that and tons of character, right? So now he's in the process of burning another bridge. He seems good at that. He told me he appreciated the work I had done in inspiring his decision to collect Green Rivers. Nice way of showing it.

And he may be the only one on the boards who doesn't think his posting of his wins in his signature is meant as anything but antagonism. Where's that Flash you bought with the cool double cover?

And I'm the sad little man? Grow up.

So this is where we have come. What a waste. I will continue to work on my database project and I do hope to inspire others to take an interest in and COLLECT Green Rivers. Unfortunately, the hobby inevitably spawns it's share of dyspeptic misanthropes who think this is just about ego gratification, beating down the other guy, and accumulating their current interest as quickly as possible, at the cost of any kind of comradery or cooperation. I think his entire pattern of behavior has been extremely shortsighted.

In closing, it's obvious this character wanted attention. Well, he's got it now.

Red