• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time for me to say goodbye......

54 posts in this topic

Look at Krazycat. He ran away then came back when he realized we really did like him.

When you used the term "we" above...who is it you were referring to? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He must be using the royal "we".

I think the problem here is that you give the exact same impression - you don't seem to value our opinions either, or read our posts at all.

That's why you repeat yourself constantly and rehash old news.

Either that or you just like the sound of your own voice. Again, that's just the impression I get........

Nahhhh. It's not that. We are open minded but passionate at the same time. Yeah, a little like Tom Cruise. Silver Surfer is right. You gotta roll with the punches and contribute in the way you know how. Look at Krazycat. He ran away then came back when he realized we really did like him.

When you used the term "we" above...who is it you were referring to? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, is that like the royal we?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My advice, for what it's worth, would be to read more and post less (until you reach a comfort level.) There's a lot that can be learned here,....so sit back, read the posts, and chime in when you feel you've got something to add.

hi.gif

I disagree, as if you decide to just leave the proper way, some pinheads may promote their own reasons as to why you left, such as Silver Surfer and his hilarious theory that Red's JC poster drove me to tears and forced me off the board. 27_laughing.gif

So now, if you decide to take off, I highly recommend posting a final parting shot, so that cannot retroactively make up their own about you.

I disagree, as if you decide to just leave the proper way, some pinheads may promote their own reasons as to why you left, such as Silver Surfer and his hilarious theory that Red's JC poster drove me to tears and forced me off the board. 27_laughing.gif

So now, if you decide to take off, I highly recommend posting a final parting shot, so that cannot retroactively make up their own about you.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Let's not go there again JC. Hook's poster came out and you were gone and not heard from for months and now until you decided to come back again, leave, then come back again (shill and lurk in the meantime). Typical JC spin. How does it feel to start threads and try and contriubte to a conversation when more than half the people on these boards know what a bozo you are. I guess 90% of your future posts will be you trying to defend yourself (such as this latest one). Its old, tired so 893censored-thumb.gif off. BTW when are leaving (again). makepoint.gif

Some of you may think that this is some sort of attention grabbing tactic. Others already have called me an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, insufficiently_thoughtful_person, and the like. It is obvious that on these boards I am an under dog and very few board members here, value my opinions, comments, or analizations about the topics that affect our very hobby. Comic collectors are very interesting people and from those of you that I have had discussions with on these boards, I wish you all the best of luck in whatever you persue now and in the future. I am sorry if I have hurt anyone on these boards as a result of my own lack of good judgement or the way I have analyzed certian posts. Again, that was never my intention. I still do not see the harm in "non-dislosed pressing" or "dry cleaning" and probably never will. I want you all to know that I have learned a lot from the breif time I spent here, but I should of listened to my fellow friends and other collectors when they told me not to join or participate in these forums. One day I probably will return, though I do hope I will have much more knowledge about comic collecting and the like. I may still post in the coin areas, as I do also actively collect coins as well. Some of you will still see me on eBay and other comic sites such as Comic Link or Pedigree Comics. I just may be that very person who happened to out bid you on that high grade comic, or I may be the personal responsible for you getting a "commission check" from Pedigree or Comic Link, due to my buying habits. Again, I am sorry for any one that I have hurt, and I do want to apologize publically to Esquire for any false interprutations my own judgement may have caused. God bless you all and I hope that you all find the answers to the questions you seek. Maybe I will run into some of you at a convention, who knows......

hi.gif

CW, this has nothing to do with whether we like or dislike you. And by no means should you leave the boards thinking that those with contradictory viewpoints are not welcome. If that were the case we would have tried to force FFB off a long time ago! poke2.gif

Anyone who can voice their opinions, no matter what they might be, in a coherent and intelligent manner should continue to do so. Heck, even incoherent and unintelligent postings are acceptable every once and awhile. Yes, FFB, keep posting. flowerred.gif And it is not even that you took positions that seemed to such one extreme with no room for any other opinion that drove people to criticize you. Well, that did too but that is more their problem and not yours. It happens to all of us.

It was your incessant rambling and repeated instances of attributing viewpoints and statements to people they did not hold or state or background for yourself that you did not yet have that led you to lose credibility, not your views. All you need do is stop doing that and no doubt you will find the boards to be more receptive, not that I understand why that really matters anyway.

And I accept your apology, I think now for the second time. Lets not create a third instance, ok? makepoint.gif

but if someone is REALLY leaving for good, why should they care WHAT anyone says about them afterwards? And it sure looks to me like a person_without_enough_empathyy drama queen exit strategy to announce that you are leaving. Anyone who wants to go - -- just GO!!

but if someone is REALLY leaving for good, why should they care WHAT anyone says about them afterwards? And it sure looks to me like a person_without_enough_empathyy drama queen exit strategy to announce that you are leaving. Anyone who wants to go - -- just GO!!

I agree, if you are going to leave - leave. If you are going to stay - stay. Just don't make a drama-queen post about it. It is very trite on these boards.

I too have a theory as to why he is leaving. He was spoon whipped too many times as a child. Many long days did he sit sulking in a lonely corner of his dark desolate kitchen where he fell asleep time and time again while leaning his head against a dirty marmeet (pot). The drip drip drip of the broken kitchen faucet was the ambience to which he slowly drifted asleep. At times his drunken father would arrive during the wee hours of the morning only to find....

Wait! I hear BonJovi softly in the background..."Never say goodbye, never say goodbye-ee-I, you and me and my...."

but if someone is REALLY leaving for good, why should they care WHAT anyone says about them afterwards?

Because a lot of these exits are really "I need a break from these " type of deals, where the majority of the board is acting like adults, but a couple of board members are being total , and reading their drivel makes you want to hunt them down like dogs.

So you take a break, come back and find the same pinbrains STILL talking about you, making up all kinds of insane [embarrasing lack of self control] as to why you left. Obviously, these people have no lives and a brain the size of a pistachio nut, but it doesn't make their stupidity any less irritating.

So instead, I highly recommend a "parting post" when you take leave of this freakshow, so that the lifeless board addicts don't concoct one from their crack-addled minds.

oh please JC. Youre personalizing his situation with yours. If you still harbor a grudge for the situation YOU caused - -- then why come back at all? Sure there are cantankerous guys here who just cant get along well and call the others names etc. Guess what? That was YOU as much as any of them. You never exhibited a trace of humility, or the ability to roll with the punches. You were always RIGHT. Everyone else was WRONG and a "total ", etc.

Think about it - - in all your time here, you didnt make one friend who missed you when you DQed outtahere. Even the nicest guys here eventually sided with the ones you fought with and said good riddance to you. Get real why dont you already. And stop bringing up the sordid past that you are responsible for...

Some of you may think that this is some sort of attention grabbing tactic. Others already have called me an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, insufficiently_thoughtful_person, and the like. It is obvious that on these boards I am an under dog and very few board members here, value my opinions, comments, or analizations about the topics that affect our very hobby. Comic collectors are very interesting people and from those of you that I have had discussions with on these boards, I wish you all the best of luck in whatever you persue now and in the future. I am sorry if I have hurt anyone on these boards as a result of my own lack of good judgement or the way I have analyzed certian posts. Again, that was never my intention. I still do not see the harm in "non-dislosed pressing" or "dry cleaning" and probably never will. I want you all to know that I have learned a lot from the breif time I spent here, but I should of listened to my fellow friends and other collectors when they told me not to join or participate in these forums. One day I probably will return, though I do hope I will have much more knowledge about comic collecting and the like. I may still post in the coin areas, as I do also actively collect coins as well. Some of you will still see me on eBay and other comic sites such as Comic Link or Pedigree Comics. I just may be that very person who happened to out bid you on that high grade comic, or I may be the personal responsible for you getting a "commission check" from Pedigree or Comic Link, due to my buying habits. Again, I am sorry for any one that I have hurt, and I do want to apologize publically to Esquire for any false interprutations my own judgement may have caused. God bless you all and I hope that you all find the answers to the questions you seek. Maybe I will run into some of you at a convention, who knows......

hi.gif

sleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gif

Think about it - - in all your time here, you didnt make one friend who missed you when you DQed outtahere.

You seem to have me confused with someone who cares.

To me, friends are in the real-world, where you can get together on weekends or after work, go on outings or trips, play golf, hit restaurants, or just grab a beer and talk about your job, family movies, music, computers, etc.

On the other hand, this a COMICS FORUM, and I come here to talk comics. That's the beginning and end of it for me, and I already have more than enough friends and commitments, thank you very much.

I just want to talk comics with a bunch of other collectors. End of story.

oh please JC. Youre personalizing his situation with yours. If you still harbor a grudge for the situation YOU caused - -- then why come back at all? Sure there are cantankerous guys here who just cant get along well and call the others names etc. Guess what? That was YOU as much as any of them. You never exhibited a trace of humility, or the ability to roll with the punches. You were always RIGHT. Everyone else was WRONG and a "total ", etc.

Think about it - - in all your time here, you didnt make one friend who missed you when you DQed outtahere. Even the nicest guys here eventually sided with the ones you fought with and said good riddance to you. Get real why dont you already. And stop bringing up the sordid past that you are responsible for...

thumbsup2.gifheadbang.gif