• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

586 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

2 copies of cap 1 in 5.5 sold in the 150s last year too. Seems pretty consistent 

its not entry level and not High grade. 

Ended right about where it should have. I don’t believe Other books had any bearing on realized price

There have been other, more recent sales, both public and private that have exceeded $32k a point since May this year on lower/higher mid-grade copies.  

This was a low result for this copy.

Agree to disagree on the reasons or causes.  (thumbsu

-J.

21 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Can’t say one way or another for sure. I thought from what I heard it wasn’t as hi but I don’t recall for sure.  Regardless , a Lone known 9.4 highest single graded trumps a tied for second graded Cap 1 

This is exactly why this should not be a complete surprise that this particular SF Cap 1 finished slightly lower than the current highest graded copy of AS 8.

From my point of view though, taking all known copies of the 2 books into account, it still means that Cap 1 > As 8.  (thumbsu

Especially now that the heightened frenzy over Wonder Woman appears to have abated for now.  hm

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Considering the Cap1 9.4 auction result, there's NO WAY the AA16 9.4 is a 1Mil book.

Last time John offered it was priced at 2 mil

but years ago he did have a 1.1 mil offer

diff between cultivating private sales/customers and auctioning. Results aren’t always consistent. Also consider the uniqueness of the books and I’d hazard a guess the aa16 is a 7 fig book to someone