• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
10 10

1,685 posts in this topic

Hit up an antique shop and got these for $2 each. Lot of random ducks to fill in some holes in my runs, some fun atlas books, and some other dells I snagged. Most of the books are from around 1954.

The Southern hospitality duck book is a fun one, as its an early scrooge cover that predates scrooge 1 (4 color 386?) Astute eyes might have spotted the 4 marvel books up in the corner. I picked those up at a comic shop later in the day. Some cap issues I need for my run, an early Byrne book, and 3rd taskmaster.

20200929_230247.jpg

On 9/30/2020 at 3:21 AM, waaaghboss said:

Hit up an antique shop and got these for $2 each. Lot of random ducks to fill in some holes in my runs, some fun atlas books, and some other dells I snagged. Most of the books are from around 1954.

The Southern hospitality duck book is a fun one, as its an early scrooge cover that predates scrooge 1 (4 color 386?) Astute eyes might have spotted the 4 marvel books up in the corner. I picked those up at a comic shop later in the day. Some cap issues I need for my run, an early Byrne book, and 3rd taskmaster.

20200929_230247.jpg

Top row, fourth from the left. That was the very first comic in my comic collection. I asked my mother to buy it for me from the rack in the local grocery store. And I use the image of that comic for my profile pic.