• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

Venom 2 now at 4.4X production budget. And it just hit Weekend #1 for Japan and still needs to open up in one more market. Without China, without Disney+ Premiere Access and without 25 films before it. Wow!

• 30 September 2021: UK (London) (premiere)
  • 14 September 2021: Russia, Ukraine    
  • 1 October 2021: Canada, USA    
  • 7 October 2021: Mexico       
  • 13 October 2021: South Korea, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates    
  • 14 October 2021: Argentina, Brazil, Cambodia, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia    
  • 15 October 2021: Bulgaria, India, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania , Spain, Sweden, Turkey , UK
  • 20 October 2021: France    
  • 21 October 2021: Germany, Netherlands   
  • 22 October 2021: Finland, Iceland
  • 25 November 2021: Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand
  • 2 December 2021: Thailand
  • 3 December 2021: Japan
  • 8 December 2021: Philippines

Venom_BO211205.thumb.PNG.e8e77677e3277713df7e13dbc8840056.PNG

Watched it over the weekend because a friend said I needed to before seeing Spider-Man and holy mess, what an absolute dumpster fire of a movie.  Second worst movie I've seen in my life (absolute worst being Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy).  Right off the bat the writing was terrible.  The acting was mostly atrocious, and the director is probably partially to blame for not coaxing the right tone out of his actor/actresses.  The series continues to not understand Eddie or the Symbiote.  It's just a god awful movie and I hate that Sony insists on pushing it into the MCU.  Time to just sell the rights to the Spider universe back to Marvel.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:01 PM, ExNihilo said:

Watched it over the weekend because a friend said I needed to before seeing Spider-Man and holy mess, what an absolute dumpster fire of a movie.  Second worst movie I've seen in my life (absolute worst being Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy).  Right off the bat the writing was terrible.  The acting was mostly atrocious, and the director is probably partially to blame for not coaxing the right tone out of his actor/actresses.  The series continues to not understand Eddie or the Symbiote.  It's just a god awful movie and I hate that Sony insists on pushing it into the MCU.  Time to just sell the rights to the Spider universe back to Marvel.

And yet isn't it crazy this is topping all the 2021 MCU films?

:whatthe:

But Sony should sell the rights to Disney. Right now. Go. Do it. Hurry. Before you make even more money.

:baiting:

On 12/6/2021 at 11:01 PM, ExNihilo said:

I agree both Venom movies were a mess. But Sony still gave us Spider-Man 1 and 2. Then took some mis-steps with the Amazing’s. They just need to get the right directors back. 

On 12/6/2021 at 3:18 PM, ▫️ said:

I agree both Venom movies were a mess. But Sony still gave us Spider-Man 1 and 2. Then took some mis-steps with the Amazing’s. They just need to get the right directors back. 

And then gave us the Oscar-winning...

More like this please. Before selling it back to Disney, Hurry.

Feige, the president of Marvel Studios and producer of the MCU, spoke with us about the forthcoming Spider-Man: No Way Home, a film which boasts (and offers invitations to speculate upon) many universe-crossing appearances, with Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, and Jamie Foxx joining Tom Holland's world from their previous Spider-Man films. Feige spoke about the inspiration for putting Venom into the MCU, praising those Sony films and Hardy's work in the process:

"You look at the obvious comic connotations between Venom and Spider-Man and it is inherent. So the minute Sony made their Venom movie and it worked as well as it did, and Tom Hardy became as iconic as he has become as Venom, then the obvious question is then, 'How do we start to merge them?'"

Previously, Feige had spoken about the inter-studio communications that needed to happen for this Venom 2/MCU stinger to logistically happen: "There was a lot of coordination — and if you don’t know all the coordination yet, I’m not going to be the one to tell you — but yes, between Sony and Marvel and the Venom team and the No Way Home team. We worked together on it." Here, though, it's fascinating to hear Feige's creative reasonings for the crossover, from the obvious fidelity to the source material to Feige's admiration of the Venom films.

• 14 October 2021: Argentina, Brazil, Cambodia, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia    
  • 15 October 2021: Bulgaria, India, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania , Spain, Sweden, Turkey , UK

Venom_BO211206.thumb.PNG.df06f4d71dbd3c5767506cd1cb4900ce.PNG

On 12/6/2021 at 12:21 PM, Bosco685 said:

And then gave us the Oscar-winning...

More like this please. Before selling it back to Disney, Hurry.

Yeah, I'm fine with Sony retaining rights to animation.  But I still loathe what they've done with Venom 1+2, as well as ASM 1+2.  How Venom has made more money than the MCU movies this year I'm clueless to.  Dollar signs aren't gonna change my perspective of the film.

On 12/6/2021 at 5:39 PM, ExNihilo said:

Yeah, I'm fine with Sony retaining rights to animation.  But I still loathe what they've done with Venom 1+2, as well as ASM 1+2.  How Venom has made more money than the MCU movies this year I'm clueless to.  Dollar signs aren't gonna change my perspective of the film.

the Transformers of CBM

On 12/6/2021 at 8:39 PM, ExNihilo said:

On 12/6/2021 at 10:20 PM, paperheart said:

the Transformers of CBM

Hey, even Black Widow had MCU fanatics rush in to supposedly make it $125M in Premiere Access revenue. 'Fools and their money' is probably what Disney thought.

These things happen.

On 12/7/2021 at 1:20 PM, paperheart said:

the Transformers of CBM

Woah woah woah, let's just back off from that ledge, now. 

Venom 2 now only $2.5M from matching the domestic total of Venom (2018).

Venom_WW211208.thumb.PNG.a9261aa9dd96a81445e7851ff79d0392.PNG

At this point all markets are open to Venom 2, and domestically it is only 2.3M from matching Venom (2018). Crazy it got that close during these off and on hurdles.

Venom_BO211210.thumb.PNG.e738a3d1254149c9d2521f003c9e97d0.PNG