• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Complete Action 1 on eBay!

118 posts in this topic

On 12/21/2018 at 6:38 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

It’s already done that. No coverless comic has ever sold for over $70K (at auction) as far as I know. So it’s already made a world record.

A coverless action 1 sold earlier this year for 80k, though not at auction 

Edited by G.A.tor

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:
3 hours ago, Topcollectibles88 said:

The action 1 ends this evening!   Going to be very exciting to see the bidding war at the very end!!!

OO turned down 105k.  Worth 100k.  I need this to go high Meat ( as do the backer (s) ). Let’s do this !

:whatthe: I would've taken that $105k offer.  What was he thinking!? 

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

A coverless action 1 sold earlier this year for 80k, though not at auction 

Oh I know about that copy Rick 🙂. That’s why I said (at auction). The highest sale that comes to mind for me at auction was in the $60’s, but it’s been a while since that sale. I remember that raw copy though that sold for $80K. I wish I had the money for it, but alas I’m not that well off. Maybe someday though. For now I have a page so that will do.

Edited by LDarkseid1

13 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Oh I know about that copy Rick 🙂. That’s why I said (at auction). The highest sale that comes to mind for me at auction was in the $60’s, but it’s been a while since that sale. I remember that raw copy though that sold for $80K. I wish I had the money for it, but alas I’m not that well off. Maybe someday though. For now I have a page so that will do.

What page Darkseid ?  Let’s see ! 

Edited by Chicago Boy

Awww I found it! Was a CBCS copy that sold in a Heritage auction in 2016. This was the last at auction sale I remembered. If someone can find another coverless copy that sold after this at auction please post, but I believe this was the most recent.

0E56F0F4-A7DD-480A-9806-C0151FC81344.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

This should top 100K when all is said an done...nice copy

I would like to think so to. It’s been slow going for several days now, but there’s going to be last second big bids. There always is.

7 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

It’s a piece  of Action 1 regardless ! Congrats !!

Thanks! Yeah don’t get me wrong I’m happy just to even have a page lol. Some lucky SOB is about to get one helluva nice coverless complete copy though. That’s for sure!

29 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

So pound for pound a coverless complete Tec 27 reasonably at 60 with a 80k pvt sale ? 

I think we’ll need to see what this finishes at first. I definitely think a solid coverless complete Tec 27 with decent page quality has a great shot at selling for over $75K at auction.

Although this book isn't like the normal sub-$100 silver and golden age books I've been trying to buy on ebay, a ton of auctions I've lost I lost in the last 20 seconds, when several people double the price (probably using some sort of bid sniper).  Kinda curious to see if this one does a 20%+ jump in the last 60 seconds.  The suspense!

34 minutes ago, waaaghboss said:

Price is right rules, $100,061 :P

But really, I'm thinking 94,000

if bids increase 20% or so which might be expected, it would be 96,500.00 which would mean your price would be closer than my price...10 mins to go