• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,304 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2024 at 8:22 PM, bc said:

This is just too cool (from the Jon Berk Collection)

1948.1.jpg

1948.1b.jpg

-bc

I absolutely love stuff like this.  When I was researching a bit about it, the even more incredible thing I found was that this trademark application for the Sub-Mariner, one for The Human Torch, and another for Marvel Mystery Comics all sold in the same flippin' auction back around 2010. :o

On 10/1/2024 at 6:24 PM, batman_fan said:

Crazy price !

Yes indeed, now that's most definitely a super strong crazy price even if it's currently the highest graded copy.  :o

So, I guess Baker romance covers are still going great gangbusters and continuing to shoot for the moon for now.  :applause:

Probably not the sharpest looking 9.0 book out there, and sad to say, but clearly out of my cheapo budgeted price range at 33X condition guide value whereas I still prefer to target books that's going for less than condition guide value.  (:  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

On 10/1/2024 at 5:03 PM, Telegan said:

I absolutely love stuff like this.  When I was researching a bit about it, the even more incredible thing I found was that this trademark application for the Sub-Mariner, one for The Human Torch, and another for Marvel Mystery Comics all sold in the same flippin' auction back around 2010. :o

Weird that it was filed in 1940, you think it would have been in advance of its release. Their search function is maddening. 

On 10/2/2024 at 1:11 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Weird that it was filed in 1940, you think it would have been in advance of its release. Their search function is maddening. 

I found a few more from 1939 that sold on Heritage back in 2009, too.  Some of the patents included were for Marvel Boy, Ka-Zar, The Angel, Young Allies, All Select Comics, and Millie the Model.  Those all sold for much cheaper, but still pretty awesome.

On 10/2/2024 at 8:38 AM, batman_fan said:

Did anyone win something?

I bid on a bunch early in the night and went to bed. This morning lots of outbid emails. Real action for me is tonight as I’ve got my eye on a passel of Reuben’s books. Won’t fall asleep on those. Incidentally anyone know what the Seven Seas 5 hammered at?

On 10/2/2024 at 10:31 AM, ThothAmon said:

I bid on a bunch early in the night and went to bed. This morning lots of outbid emails. Real action for me is tonight as I’ve got my eye on a passel of Reuben’s books. Won’t fall asleep on those. Incidentally anyone know what the Seven Seas 5 hammered at?

I don't see any results from last night for a #5, but a #6 was sold:

image.thumb.png.0d8c5bc5712759dfc7fe62752eca85dd.png

-bc

On 10/2/2024 at 8:38 AM, batman_fan said:

Did anyone win something?  Prices seemed pretty strong on the stuff I was watching.  Daring Mystery 1 really surprised me but super cool book.

IMG_1179.jpeg

IMG_1178.jpeg

IMG_1177.jpeg

IMG_1176.jpeg

Sadly, nothing fit my budget. The price on the Cap #37 was strong, but I actually thought it had a chance of hitting $30K—mainly because the extremely strong price on the Promise copy is likely still pulling up other copies. (The price on that one was just plain nuts, but you could say that about a lot of the Promise sales.)

On 10/2/2024 at 12:08 PM, sagii said:

Anyone know what the Catman 15 hammered at?

The 9.0? It's ending tonight or possibly early in the morn if you're East of the Mississipp'.

On 10/2/2024 at 3:19 PM, Dark Knight said:

Nope didn't win anything. Placed a few bids but lost. I agree that golden age hammer prices were strong top to bottom. Silver age keys, on the other hand, were either sold at about current fmv to pretty weak in my opinion. 

It's true. It's a great time to buy SA and BA. If only there weren't so many awesome GA books all over the place these days maybe I'd take advantage of the low prices of SA/BA. 

Edited by Professor K
spelling correction

On 10/2/2024 at 3:49 PM, Professor K said:

The 9.0? It's ending tonight or possibly early in the morn if you're East of the Mississipp'.

It's true. It's a great time to buy SA and BA. If only there weren't so many awesome GA books all over the place these days maybe I'd take advantage of the low prices of SA/BA. 

Ah, yes I see. Don't know why I thought it was last night, lol

Purely a spectator on it , but when I saw a low grade copy on Clink (last week) do gangbusters , can't wait to see where this one ends 

On 10/2/2024 at 1:38 PM, batman_fan said:

Did anyone win something?  Prices seemed pretty strong on the stuff I was watching.  Daring Mystery 1 really surprised me but super cool book.

IMG_1179.jpeg

IMG_1178.jpeg

IMG_1177.jpeg

IMG_1176.jpeg

is the Cap the same as this one just listed on ComiclInk ?

image.thumb.png.62eea4feb2b30874785792a0e0395613.png