• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2020 at 5:24 PM, skypinkblu said:
On 2/6/2020 at 4:49 PM, lou_fine said:

Have you heard anything back from them and have you made up your mind on what you are going to do with your consigned books?  hm

I was not given a date. I asked to have my books held, I was told that would not be a problem...so I figured I'd watch and see what was going on and then decide.

Hey Sharon;

Looks like you actually just might have lucked out here in terms of the timing of the CC auction for your books.  (thumbsu

According to what quite a few of the boardies are saying about the results from the recent CL auction and the Heritage Auction earlier today, many of the prices seems to be down as compared to past auctions. No doubt, due in part to the impact of the panic and fear resulting from the media hype regarding the Coronavirus and the resulting neagative volatility in the equity markets.  :fear: :(

So, holding your books over until later on in the year until everything settles down and hopefully returns back to normal looks like it just might have been the best move anyways.  hm  :bigsmile:

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Hey Sharon;

Looks like you actually just might have lucked out here in terms of the timing of the CC auction for your books.  (thumbsu

According to what quite a few of the boardies are saying about the results from the recent CL auction and the Heritage Auction earlier today, many of the prices seems to be down as compared to past auctions. No doubt, due in part to the impact of the panic and fear resulting from the media hype regarding the Coronavirus and the resulting neagative volatility in the equity markets.  :fear: :(

So, holding your books over until later on in the year until everything settles down and hopefully returns back to normal looks like it just might have been the best move anyways.  hm  :bigsmile:

Thanks, Lou...of course I expected them to sell in Jan, lol...but we'll see. Lemons=Lemonade;)

Luckily I don't sell books to pay a mortgage, but I did want to help my daughter with her deck, so I am planning a few board sales;)

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

I did want to help my daughter with her deck, so I am planning a few board sales

deck...board sales   heh heh

4 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Thanks, Lou...of course I expected them to sell in Jan, lol...but we'll see. Lemons=Lemonade;)

Luckily I don't sell books to pay a mortgage, but I did want to help my daughter with her deck, so I am planning a few board sales;)

That's good that you are planning to use yur proceeds to help out some of your family members because we certainly can't take the money with us.  :applause:

Actually, I believe you can simply contact CC and ask them for a preliminary advance on the sale of your books with no interest chares or anything.  :gossip:

At least that's my understanding from all of the trade ads and emails which I seem to see and receive from Vinny and his gang over there at CC. hm

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

That's good that you are planning to use yur proceeds to help out some of your family members because we certainly can't take the money with us.  :applause:

Actually, I believe you can simply contact CC and ask them for a preliminary advance on the sale of your books with no interest chares or anything.  :gossip:

At least that's my understanding from all of the trade ads and emails which I seem to see and receive from Vinny and his gang over there at CC. hm

Thanks, but I'd never consider that...I have no idea what the books will go for on there, or when I'd actually sell them. So this is safer for me;) It is also an incentive to organize another closet;) 

On 2/26/2020 at 3:00 PM, mrd160 said:

I am going to be interested to see what goes on in the next cc auction. Soft market, down stock market, and a brand new website. It may be pretty rough for the consignors

I agree...especially with the new website...

3 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

pun humor always seems a little wooden to me.

I like going against the grain

20 hours ago, Mmehdy said:
On 2/26/2020 at 3:00 PM, mrd160 said:

I am going to be interested to see what goes on in the next cc auction. Soft market, down stock market, and a brand new website. It may be pretty rough for the consignors

I agree...especially with the new website...

+1

I would also tend to agree with this sentiment here. (thumbsu

:idea:  Maybe it's a good time then for bottom feeders like me to look for some good deals then.

Only problem is that it appears most of the stuff they are posting for this upcoming non-consignment auction are books that I would not be particularly interested in.  :p

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

5 days to 1st auction of 2020. Much like Heritage, a *yawn fest* compared to past headline auctions.

Capture.thumb.JPG.b4b01dba7525e25026738376fa0f876e.JPG

There are several books I am interested.  Not going to tip my hand on which books I intend to be outbid on.

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

5 days to 1st auction of 2020. Much like Heritage, a *yawn fest* compared to past headline auctions.

Capture.thumb.JPG.b4b01dba7525e25026738376fa0f876e.JPG

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

There are several books I am interested.  Not going to tip my hand on which books I intend to be outbid on.

Since I don't want to see another thread get killed off here, can one of you please answer a simple question for me.  

Maybe it's just me being technically challenged and unable to navigate their new auction platform, but how in the world can guys you find anything here?  ???

For example, when I click onto Page 3 of their auction, this is what I see:

https://www.comicconnect.com/browse/session/480?page=3

I see an ASM 14 followed by an Action 19, then a Best Comics #1 followed by an Avengers 1 which is then follwed by a copy of Batman 18.  To top things off, none of these books have any images attached to them except for the Spidey 14, so I can't even zoom in onto the books using their magnificant magify glass if I wanted to.  Of course, I see lots of scanned images for other competing copies of books like Avengers 1 which they have available for sale when I click onto the Avengers 1 lot that states "No Image Available" and scroll to the bottom.  :facepalm:

Well, hopefully the Mods are in their beds sound asleep zzz by now and I'll get an answer to my question here before they come in and kill another thread.  :wishluck:

17 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Since I don't want to see another thread get killed off here, can one of you please answer a simple question for me.  

Maybe it's just me being technically challenged and unable to navigate their new auction platform, but how in the world can guys you find anything here?  ???

For example, when I click onto Page 3 of their auction, this is what I see:

https://www.comicconnect.com/browse/session/480?page=3

I see an ASM 14 followed by an Action 19, then a Best Comics #1 followed by an Avengers 1 which is then follwed by a copy of Batman 18.  To top things off, none of these books have any images attached to them except for the Spidey 14, so I can't even zoom in onto the books using their magnificant magify glass if I wanted to.  Of course, I see lots of scanned images for other competing copies of books like Avengers 1 which they have available for sale when I click onto the Avengers 1 lot that states "No Image Available" and scroll to the bottom.  :facepalm:

Well, hopefully the Mods are in their beds sound asleep zzz by now and I'll get an answer to my question here before they come in and kill another thread.  :wishluck:

They use the Dewey Decimal system but it is administered by someone with dyslexia 

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

To top things off, none of these books have any images attached to them except for the Spidey 14, so I can't even zoom in onto the books using their magnificant magify glass if I wanted to.

Is the magnificent magnifying glass a hit or miss for anyone else also (besides the fact that it is a giant miss in general)? Some books it will actually magnify (slightly), and some it's just a circle floating over a picture.

ps - the countdown clock is the most annoying countdown clock I've ever seen.

I have problems with the site too. especially the magnifying glass/  Its like if giant-Man's power could only increase his size from 6'0"to 6'1" !

but, while I haven't a clue hoe the display of books is organized as the default when you land on a page -- maybe sorted in favor of similar books in stock? --  but the Sort feature is just to the left of the first book, above FILTER.  Title/issue puts them in the expected order.  Maybe a user can change viewing faults, but prob not.

Edited by Aman619