• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where’s the eBay coupons?
5 5

795 posts in this topic

Well - I did my usual 20 minutes of searching and will be spending my coupon on mailing supplies.  Good luck with the searches guys!

In today's world there really is no better coupon with the 15% off and up to $100 off.  Great way to grab a book you have been looking for.

50 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

In today's world there really is no better coupon with the 15% off and up to $100 off.  Great way to grab a book you have been looking for.

I got the notification on eBay!

Lol I looked to see if anyone had started a thread about it lol

Didn't see one so started my own, now I see it's been known about :foryou: didn't know that it was already mentioned in this thread :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

10 minutes ago, Gaard said:

No smart phone here (flip phones all the way!) ... does that mean I can't use it?

You can't use it but really no bid deal since you should be saving up for a smart phone.

13 minutes ago, Phish&Comics said:

Love it when I send an offer to a seller and they decline no counter. Do you not like money!!??

It's got to be a really low offer for me to decline without a counter offer.  If the books is at $250 and they offer $100 then I reject and let them come up a bunch before I bother.

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

It's got to be a really low offer for me to decline without a counter offer.  If the books is at $250 and they offer $100 then I reject and let them come up a bunch before I bother.

I usually set up automatic declines for ultra low offers. I think it's always a good idea to send a counter, even if it's far from the buyers initial offer - You never know! 

Just now, Phish&Comics said:

I usually set up automatic declines for ultra low offers. I think it's always a good idea to send a counter, even if it's far from the buyers initial offer - You never know! 

I use to do that but it always irritated me that a book had five low ball offers and I never knew the book had that much action. 

I think a reject is better then dropping the price on a $250 book by $2 and sending them a $248 counter offer. 

10 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I use to do that but it always irritated me that a book had five low ball offers and I never knew the book had that much action. 

I think a reject is better then dropping the price on a $250 book by $2 and sending them a $248 counter offer. 

As a buyer.. I prefer a counter to at least know someone is negotiable. 

19 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:
29 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

As a buyer.. I prefer a counter to at least know someone is negotiable. 

I just put in an offer on a nice Tom Grummett commission of Robin.  It is listed for $334 obo, I offer $250...he declines.  Apparently my $250 is a lowball, and not worth responding to?

Now I am looking for an ASM slab, but can't find anything that I consider right.

Edited by Spidey 62

2 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Don't forget you can add a note to your counter/reject...that way, regardless of the specifics, they know there's a reasonable human being on the other end...

Sounds like a lot of work to respond to all the low, low ball offers.  is an auto reject better then a reject?

I'd respond to an offer of $250 on a $334 item.  I tend to basically auto reject offers like the $100 on a $250 item.

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:
5 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Don't forget you can add a note to your counter/reject...that way, regardless of the specifics, they know there's a reasonable human being on the other end...

Sounds like a lot of work to respond to all the low, low ball offers.  is an auto reject better then a reject?

I'd respond to an offer of $250 on a $334 item.  I tend to basically auto reject offers like the $100 on a $250 item.

That's is what I thought.  Maybe we could have met at $275 ish.  Oh well, back to the searching.  At worst, my wife wants me to get flea and tick stuff for the dog......yaaaaay

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Auto-reject def. has it's place. I HAVE set it too high before and later-on regretted it after I saw some of the, in retrospect, offers that could have morphed into a deal...