• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's ARMY OF THE DEAD directed by Zack Snyder (TBD)
1 1

199 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, paperheart said:

$735K estimated opening weekend on 600 screens :roflmao: works out to about 15 people per showing

So that works out to about $1,225 per theater.  Yet you have "Those who wish me dead" opening (domestically) on 3,188 screens to a tune of $2.8 million, or $878 per theater.  I'd argue that Angelina Jolie is a bigger "draw/name" than Zack Snyder, so I'm not sure why you are laughing.  

I don't really care about zombie movies.  (Big difference than, "Don't care for zombie movies"). Zombie movies are just not my thing although I still watch the Walking Dead because I invested too many years into it and might as well see how it ends up. 

Outside of Scorsese or Wes Anderson or a select few directors, I do not seek out their movies based on the director themselves. 

With that said...

I am looking forward to this movie for two reasons.  The premise of the movie seems, 'fun'.  From the previews it seems to be like a zombie version of Fast and the Furious 5 which I genuinely like with Fast 5's Ocean's 11 type plot.  The second reason is because of Dave Bautista.  The guy seems genuine and likable.  I want to see what he brings to the table here. 

Turns out a Youtuber that is not a big fan of Zack Snyder gave a fake review of Army of the Dead. Before it has even been released to general audiences on Netflix.

:facepalm:

16 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

It looks like only 1 of them directed an actual film?

I think two when not counting Zack Snyder.

Wasn't Roma a movie on Netflix along with The Irishman?