• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 7

292 posts in this topic

No JC. As usually you've talked yourself into not having a good time and being a victim.

I'm hardly a victim. I'm in the Loser area, and can't win the top crown anyway.

I applaud the four guys still in there, and am not looking for any mystery stats on why I should still be there, and someone else should not. I lost, fair and square.

Maybe I need to refreash myself on the rules, but I thought everybody that's still alive has the chance to still win this thing. It's a triple ellimination contest in Bracket form. If I'm wrong just holler at me. If not I'll elloborate.

nobody is forcing you to read posts where others are complaining about how the contest is being run. thumbsup2.gif

Just as nobody is forcing you to read posts where I call you guys whining little weiners. thumbsup2.gif

Oh, I don't care about that joe. screwy.gif

But as soon as Comicsupply suggested the mystery opponent, you said, NO.

I think you said no, because that would take away something to complain about.

Nice logic Einstein. I STATED CLEARLY why I liked switching the matchups, didn't like mystery opponents, as it takes away from the "trash talking" between opponents.

Oh well, it seems that you whiners are all trying to drain this contest of any fun, and you've succeeded. Congrats!! boo.gif

Why is trying to insult a person's intelligence the most popular thing to do on the boards? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gee, the Yankees are 2.5 games behind the Red Sox. Let's end the season now and declare Boston the World Champs.

Ummm, you do know what an elimination tournament means, right? screwy.gif

This one is a triple elimination-tiered format, or a competition where a participant ceases to be eligible to win the tournament's championship upon having lost three games or matches. With each loss, the participant is lowered into the next tier, until after three losses, he or she is eliminated.

Got it? makepoint.gif

Maybe I need to refreash myself on the rules, but I thought everybody that's still alive has the chance to still win this thing.

In theory, yes. But I was referring to my personal goal of winning the Winner's Tier, and going out undefeated. Once I lost there, the contest was effectively over for me, even though I could backdoor into some booby prize in the Loser and Mega-Loser brackets.

And seriously, if I won the entire thing from the Mega Losers tier, I'd donate the prize to the real Winner. flowerred.gif

I'm hardly a victim. I'm in the Loser area, and can't win the top crown anyway.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "top crown". Anyone who isn't eliminated is still in the running to eventually become bracket champion. It sounds like they will get the best prize, so I would consider that the winner. confused-smiley-013.gif

hm I wonder if JC is just mad that he he lost the last round and was moved to the Losers bracket. He didn't complain at all until this week. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, that's the ticket. It can't be you guys constantly whining that brought it out. 27_laughing.gif

Gee, the Yankees are 2.5 games behind the Red Sox. Let's end the season now and declare Boston the World Champs.

Ummm, you do know what an elimination tournament means, right? screwy.gif

This one is a triple elimination-tiered format, or a competition where a participant ceases to be eligible to win the tournament's championship upon having lost three games or matches. With each loss, the participant is lowered into the next tier, until after three losses, he or she is eliminated.

Got it? makepoint.gif

Yes, so technically, anyone who hasn't been eliminated has a chance to win this thing. makepoint.gif

if you know in your heart its an 8.0, then why not go with 8.0. your 'strategy' doesnt make sense.... why aim to come close if you KNOW the correct grade...

Well, if you do just know the grade then of course that's what you should say. But if you are trying to choose between grades and you think you know how your opponent will grade, that's where the strategy comes in. Unfortunately, grading a comic and guessing the grade CGC gave a comic from a scan are two very different things.

And I must say: damn you october_fire for nailing the overgrade in the last round. Damn you to hell! devil.gif

... and good luck smile.gif

Come on guys, contests are all about trash talking and person_without_enough_empathying, right? poke2.gif

if you know in your heart its an 8.0, then why not go with 8.0. your 'strategy' doesnt make sense.... why aim to come close if you KNOW the correct grade...

Well, if you do just know the grade then of course that's what you should say. But if you are trying to choose between grades and you think you know how your opponent will grade, that's where the strategy comes in. Unfortunately, grading a comic and guessing the grade CGC gave a comic from a scan are two very different things.

And I must say: damn you october_fire for nailing the overgrade in the last round. Damn you to hell! devil.gif

Come on guys, contests are all about trash talking and person_without_enough_empathying, right? poke2.gif

Yeah, it was probably overgraded ... but didn't 16 or 18 people nail it? confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gif

Thanks. thumbsup2.gif After the 9.8 Nikos put up in the last contest, I knew this one wasn't going to be lower than a 9.6. Good luck in the lower brackets, perhaps we shall meet again. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I see what you mean Joe, about not having a chance to win the Winners Bracket once you lose......but you will still have a chance to face off in the Bracket Championship. I have to admit this is a pretty complicated set of conditions compared to the other contests.....

Each bracket will have a prize and a champion of the bracket. After all 3 brackets are over with, those 3 winners will face off in the Bracket Champion contest.

So don't despair. You can still win the Losers Bracket and the Bracket Championship. screwy.gif