• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 7

292 posts in this topic

That's why I said "theoretically." But yes, upsets may occur preventing it. Did you read that post?

Say what you mean, and mean what you say. I noticed that tiny disclaimer at the end, but 99% of your post related to this statement, including the "no flaw" part.

This contest is pure fun, but it has about as much chance at finding the "top grader" as tossing darts blindfolded. Just have fun.

I believe that the 4 remaining contenders in the Winners bracket are 4 of the best graders here.

I believe that the 4 remaining contenders in the Winners bracket are 4 of the best graders here.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif How would YOU know? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You're grading scans, fergawdsakes . . . makepoint.gif

the Winners could get eliminated before moving to the lower brackets.

They could? That's news to me.

That outcome would be very rare, and would take a string of events like a trio of finalists in Loser to all tie, while the trio in Mega Losers do not.

Odds of it happening: 1 in 1.2 million. grin.gif

Didn't you say that about the 6 last round as well? Which would have included me? Not that I'm saying I'm a bad grader, but it's not like anyone here really "knows" me.

Here's a quick way of disproving this:

I'm in Losers and drbanner is in Mega Losers.

thumbsup2.gif

I said 4 of the best, not the 4 best. Read, fellas, read.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif How many "best graders" are there? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif How many "best graders" are there? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

gossip.gif Everyone except Hobby. poke2.gif

stooges.gif

Obviously not a sports fan.

gossip.gif Everyone except Hobby. poke2.gif

stooges.gif

That's Hobgoblin to you. You haven't earned the right to give me a nickname.

Way more then 4.

I use "4 of the best graders" as many sports commentators would say something to the effect of "Vijay Singh is one of the best golfers in the sport." He may not be "the overall best," but he is ONE of the best.

It provides an easy generalization so that you don't have to say that one is the absolute best over the others. screwy.gif

In my opinion, Deathlok, October Fire, and the others have shown to me that they are among the best "graders of scanned images" (if you will) on the boards. They usually finish high in any grading contest, regardless of the format.

Way more then 4.

Indeed. I'd say there's 10-15 guys (and gals) on these boards who could all contend to be the absolute best, and it would be a very tough battle. Of course, the absolute best grader may never be known.

Hobgoblin, I also am a sports fan and like to use the word arguably. thumbsup2.gif

Ahem, "_____insert name______ is arguably the most under-rated grader on the boards".

Indeed. I'd say there's 10-15 guys (and gals) on these boards who could all contend to be the absolute best, and it would be a very tough battle. Of course, the absolute best grader may never be known.

Of course Steve Borock is the absolute best! I wonder if he shows up here incognito (like Sir Edward in the movie "A Knight's Tale") to test his mettle and do battle?

grin.gif