• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could my AF 15 benefit from a CCS press?
2 2

136 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Trimming in low grade books is easily fixable FYI...you'll get a blue label but lose the Sig series....so the option

is yours.

How can you fix trimming?

21 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

How can you fix trimming?

It's real easy as long as it's just the cover and not the entire top or bottom but the entire right edge of book is easily a fix too....

Edited by KryptoSpidey

Agree with most of what has been said but considering it will always have a restored label you could have a someone get all the tape off and do a proper restoration.

If done by CCS I would imagine you retain the sig authentication also.  Better looking book, higher grade, without the evil tape and same label

2 cents

On 1/20/2020 at 4:08 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

Trimming in low grade books is easily fixable FYI...you'll get a blue label but lose the Sig series....so the option

is yours.

Could you please explain how trimming is "fixable"? If a book has been trimmed, how can you "untrim" it? (shrug)

2 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Could you please explain how trimming is "fixable"? If a book has been trimmed, how can you "untrim" it? (shrug)

this would be nice, perhaps even a separate thread explaining exactly how a trimmed book is changed to then become an untrimmed blue label.

Or is it a secret that that only @KryptoSpidey is allowed to know?

Is it leaf cast = a conserved label?

Edited by Artboy99

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

this would be nice, perhaps even a separate thread explaining exactly how a trimmed book is changed to then become an untrimmed blue label.

Or is it a secret that that only @KryptoSpidey is allowed to know?

Is it leaf cast = a conserved label?

I believe he’s referring to removing more material such that it resembles an untrimmed book.  Sounds like something he may have learned from Jason Ewert...

In any case, there is no way to undo trimming.  Period, no exceptions.  There are only ways to get it past CGC without detection.

17 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I believe he’s referring to removing more material such that it resembles an untrimmed book.  Sounds like something he may have learned from Jason Ewert...

In any case, there is no way to undo trimming.  Period, no exceptions.  There are only ways to get it past CGC without detection.

agreed.

I would like his explanation since he posted "Trimming in low grade books is easily fixable FYI...you'll get a blue label "

1 hour ago, KryptoSpidey said:

You obviously don't know me very well, i have no problem with backing up my statements or actions in life, DUDE.

Second, as others obviously have already mentioned, and pertaining to as exactly as i said "LOW GRADE BOOKS", removing more material solves TRIMMED COVERS. If the book is in rough enough shape, theoretically even a whole trimmed side could be "roughed up" to "hide" the trimming. You obviously wouldn't do this to a HIGH GRADE BOOK unless you didn't care about a significant loss in grade. To whoever the newb is also that suggested i learned something from Ewert. You don't know me from Adam dude. Don't accuse me of doing SHADY stuff or mess with me NEWB. I'll call you out on anything. I'm telling you straight up that you can MASK Trimming on crappy low grade books. PERIOD

you don't think that is shady?

Ridiculous

1 hour ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Second, as others obviously have already mentioned, and pertaining to as exactly as i said "LOW GRADE BOOKS", removing more material solves TRIMMED COVERS. If the book is in rough enough shape, theoretically even a whole trimmed side could be "roughed up" to "hide" the trimming. You obviously wouldn't do this to a HIGH GRADE BOOK unless you didn't care about a significant loss in grade. To whoever the newb is also that suggested i learned something from Ewert. You don't know me from Adam dude. Don't accuse me of doing SHADY stuff or mess with me NEWB. I'll call you out on anything. I'm telling you straight up that you can MASK Trimming on crappy low grade books. PERIOD

You do realize this may be frowned upon by anyone with a conscience, right?  

53 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

you don't think that is shady?

Ridiculous

So It's different than CCS ,CGCs own company removing restoration? Get a life dude. Removing more (cover)book to get rid of a trimmed edge is worse than scraping a hole in a book to remove amateur marker resto?,Which they at CCS do daily butchering books. Check yourself

Edited by KryptoSpidey