• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Haul
1 1

283 posts in this topic

Yes if someone drops out of sky on glider wings and you are holding rifles there is NOTHING you can do to stop them.  

Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 4.34.54 PM.png

2 hours ago, nepatkm said:

@Hollywood1892

And just to expand a little on what @Dave2739 has posted, you’re bragging on books many members here on the boards have owned since they picked them up of the newsstand 

example here is the first book I ever purchased as a kid, yes I still own it. (Plus a couple more) 

73F4436B-D5E2-4367-BE2B-650D2F8D25E5.jpeg.1879fd9fc3796965680fe80dd97ce6c3.jpeg

Well, thats no big deal here either..There are many much wiser members on this board than myself with way deeper knowledge, passion and collections than I could ever dream of having.

Relax a bit, and enjoy the knowledge of these members, instead of bragging about what common issues you own, and let the members come to appreciate your collection on their own terms  

Best of luck, and congratulations on your pick ups (thumbsu

(Post them in the “This week in your collection” thread) we’d be happy to see them there  

I still have my first one too, not nearly as cool as that though. That Saint Francis book by Marvel, got it in a quarter bin 

5 minutes ago, kav said:

Was it over IMSM values?

Can’t remember, but during the argument he mentioned where he worked so when he challenged me to the fight I said sure you work about 40 minutes from me, let’s meet up. He had a total meltdown. Threatened to have his secretary sue me or something 😂

8 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I've never seen that cover before, I like the way the capes are drawn. I have the first 6 volumes of the Golden age so would this be later? 

Yep this is later and would be considered SIlver Age. This came out in the early 60s  (on sale date: May 29, 1963). That other Detective I posted with a flying Batcave came out approximately 11 years earlier, but I still would not consider that Golden Age.

4 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Can’t remember, but during the argument he mentioned where he worked so when he challenged me to the fight I said sure you work about 40 minutes from me, let’s meet up. He had a total meltdown. Threatened to have his secretary sue me or something 😂

I had some goofus say he was gunna kick my *spoon* at a mini mart few months ago I said sure I'll be right outside.  Then another big goofus said hey its not my business but youre pretty old I'd say he can kick your *spoon* hyuk!  I said youre next I'll be outside.  Even with pit bull both bozos kept chickening out.  The big dude tried various bluffs like lets walk across the street away from cameras.  I said sure and started across street.  He just stood there and I was like you gotta be kidding me.  His final gambit was for me to drive over to the old tavern bar and meet him there for our fight.  I said you really think your alcoholic buddies are gunna jump in when they see you on the ground? 

Mission accomplished I laffed and left the scene.  BLUFFERS!!!!

1665629555_download(3).jpg.73df1cd6b543a2892fa11037eec65cd3.jpg

4 minutes ago, kav said:

I laffed and left the scene.  BLUFFERS!!!!

I did this too!      Seriously I've found that the more they talk that they are bluffers, I'm a cool headed Irishman I punch first and there is no second one and I'm a peaceful man. I've all sorts of weapons either held to my head or threatened with and the only thing I fear is my 75 year old sister as she would kill me if I let anyone hurt me.:bigsmile: God bless her.:foryou:  

8 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I did this too!      Seriously I've found that the more they talk that they are bluffers, I'm a cool headed Irishman I punch first and there is no second one and I'm a peaceful man. I've all sorts of weapons either held to my head or threatened with and the only thing I fear is my 75 year old sister as she would kill me if I let anyone hurt me.:bigsmile: God bless her.:foryou:  

I hear ya. I one time hit some guy with so many rights he was beggin for a left.

11 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I'm old but I'm a trained fighter.  I've never known a trained fighter to start a fight so when someone tries to start a fight I know untrained fighter/bluff.  They always cower when you are 100% unafraid and absolutely ready to go.  Age and size dont matter.  They back down every time.  

2 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I love the stupid look they have on their faces "You HIT me?":bigsmile:

Its even better when you kick them in the head.  They simply cant believe someone can actually do that.  Eyes get huge.

Just now, oakman29 said:

Damn , did I run out of likes for the day! :cry:

I wouldnt *spoon* with oakman tho-too many chemical weapons not to mention bee-honed reflexes.