• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Haul
1 1

283 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Punisher was my favourite superhero growing up, I dont think I will ever have the money to get asm 129 or hulk 181

I have punisher 1 and wolverine 1

And I want a big collection with a wide variety though if I could only have 5 comic books it would be

Asm 129

Hulk 181

Asm 361

New mutants 98

Batman 1

Ahhh don’t doubt it, that’s where the hunt, and excitement is. Check at flea markets, garage sales,estate sales, even at thrift stores for these books. Keep your eyes open, years ago I picked up a werewolf by night #32 (among many other minor keys) at a flea market for 50 cents a piece. 

Btw - I’m a fan of the first Carnage trilogy also (ASM 361-363) , but I had purchased these when they came out (along with many, many, many other members I’m sure. ) ... Add me in the club. (thumbsu

024FAC78-0018-40F4-AEE3-BEFF80F46B94.jpeg

10 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Ahhh don’t doubt it, that’s where the hunt, and excitement is. Check at flea markets, garage sales,estate sales, even at thrift stores for these books. Keep your eyes open, years ago I picked up a werewolf by night #32 (among many other minor keys) at a flea market for 50 cents a piece. 

Btw - I’m a fan of the first Carnage trilogy also (ASM 361-363) , but I had purchased these when they came out (along with many, many, many other members I’m sure. ) ... Add me in the club. (thumbsu

Very very true -you never know what gems you’ll find in places they shouldn’t be - flea markets and bookstores ....I miss comic books being 75 cents with a lot less ads...

I liked the Adventure comics better the art and the story but I never bought another issue.  I always focused on superman and action and superboy with the occasional jimmy olsen.  What a waste.  Adventure and worlds finest were the best books DC put out in that era.  Meanwhile i was buying Wayne BORING George PAP and Stan Kaye....

Edited by kav

17 minutes ago, kav said:

We all got quarters and went to an old fashioned store to buy candy.  Back then candy was behind glass and you told em what you wanted.  I happened to see the rack of comics and went over.  Mesmerized, I selected Action #350 and Adventure #356.  I had one cent left over for red licorice.  They were pretty big back then.  I read the Action under a tree and the Adventure as we left Jimboy's tacos.  

A British reprint of Adventure 353 for me.

Parallels between the self-sacrifice of Ferro Lad, a human mutant, to end a planet- destroying threat, and the later sacrifice by Jean Grey in X-Men 137.  

Both powerful stories.

Edited by Ken Aldred

11 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Just curious if you will also include ASM #360, which is according to cgc a 1st appearance in cameo...

I often hear it referred to as a trilogy though :foryou:

1 minute ago, kav said:

I liked the Adventure comics better the art and the story but I never bought another issue.  I always focused on superman and action with the occasional jimmy olsen.  What a waste.  Adventure and worlds finest were the best books DC put out in that era.  Meanwhile i was buying Wayne BORING and Stan Kaye....

Yeah but then you got older & got to read Frank Robbins :devil:

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just curious if you will also include ASM #360, which is according to cgc a 1st appearance in cameo...

I often hear it referred to as a trilogy though :foryou:

Yeah, sure... anything that makes my collection worth more. :banana:

9 minutes ago, comics4all said:

I think I liked the chalky ones better but the bubble gum ones were cool too

Brings back memories.

The only ones I remember here in the UK were very chalky. 

4 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Yeah, sure... anything that makes my collection worth more. :banana:

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE 

CALL NOW AND WE'LL TALK TO YOU ABOUT THIS ASM #344 SPECIAL OFFER!

BUT ACT FAST, SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED!

:flipbait:

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

Brings back memories.

The only ones I remember here in the UK were very chalky. 

You missed out on the very powdered bubble gum ones, but I did prefer the chalky ones myself. They lasted longer. 👍