• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Central Valley pedigree thread

32 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Is Central Valley the one that was offered, complete, on eBay for ~$200,000?

No.

On 2/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, MrBedrock said:

With all due respect to the 6.0 Fantastic Comics #3 in the Central Valley collection I think this is the best book in the pedigree set...

singleseries20.jpg

My jaw hit the floor.  Stunning copy.

On 5/19/2021 at 11:33 AM, Robot Man said:

I remember Brian showing me that copy ungraded. One of the most beautiful books I have ever seen. I would have loved to buy it but I don’t have any oil wells...

I tried to buy it from Brian at that show but he didn't have a price on it and had decided he wanted to get it graded before selling it. When it came back from CGC he was kind enough to call me first and offer it to me at the then really ridiculous price of $15,000.

On 3/7/2023 at 6:05 AM, MrBedrock said:

I tried to buy it from Brian at that show but he didn't have a price on it and had decided he wanted to get it graded before selling it. When it came back from CGC he was kind enough to call me first and offer it to me at the then really ridiculous price of $15,000.

Did you grab it as fast as your sweaty palms could reach for it  :takeit: or did you tell him to take a flying leap off the nearest bridge  :censored:, similar to what Hourman was doing on the cover of that book?  lol

Especially considering that the Heritage archives indicates the sale of the CGC 9.4 graded Church copy for a mere $10,755 earlier that same year. hm

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/7/2023 at 6:05 AM, MrBedrock said:

He showed it to me and said the same thing. But, I couldn’t afford it anyway, hey, I live in CA…

Beautiful book. My favorite Tarzan issue. 

On 3/7/2023 at 9:43 AM, lou_fine said:

Did you grab it as fast as your sweaty palms could reach for it  :takeit: or did you tell him to take a flying leap off the nearest bridge  :censored:, similar to what Hourman was doing on the cover of that book?  lol

Especially considering that the Heritage archives indicates the sale of the CGC 9.4 graded Church copy for a mere $10,755 earlier that same year. hm

I'm talking about the Single Series 20.

On 3/7/2023 at 8:27 AM, MrBedrock said:

I'm talking about the Single Series 20.

Clearly my bad then as I was too lazy to go back through the linked posts and didn't realize you was referring to a post from 2021.  :facepalm:

Nonetheless, Single Series 20 is a great book from a historical POV and absolutely love that cover although its valuation has clearly not kept up with the super hero genre of books.  :(

On 3/7/2023 at 9:08 AM, lou_fine said:

Clearly my bad then as I was too lazy to go back through the linked posts and didn't realize you was referring to a post from 2021.  :facepalm:

Nonetheless, Single Series 20 is a great book from a historical POV and absolutely love that cover although its valuation has clearly not kept up with the super hero genre of books.  :(

There was once a time in a galaxy far, far away when it actually was about as desirable as an Action #1. Really...