• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do creators charge too much for signatures?
2 2

450 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

My father is like that, you have to repeat and talk in circles like 3-4 times before he understands, and by that point he thinks he came up with it on his own  

I don't know your father, so I can't say for sure, but perhaps "beating around the bush" isn't the way to handle serious matters...?

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

As I suspected. One bit of unsolicited advice: I would be very wary of finding common cause with two of the worst trolls on this board. Take care.

You've got that backwards, are they trolls because they bother to respond? I'm not interested.....

17 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

No. Who said anything like that? (shrug) However, if you spend a good amount of time involved in the program, maybe a year or two, submitting several hundred books through the process...you might be able to. Even then, though, the situation changes, so it's hard to become an expert in all things SS.

To answer the question you would not answer, no, it's not a trivial topic to those involved in the Signature Series program.

I'll pass. For the money, OA gives me that uniqueness and "piece" of the artist (and half the time it is signed too). Although it has gotten so expensive for pages that excite me a little I am not sure I will ever get a page that does again.

1 minute ago, kav said:

All I did was start a thread.  No one forced anyone to come here.  Not sure how you can troll your own thread.

Well thanks for keeping up with it :foryou: and not ghosting (thumbsu 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

You've got that backwards, are they trolls because they bother to respond? 

No. They're trolls because they go out of their way to say and do things to provoke conflict. 

Here, don't take my word for it, here's the definition of "troll":

" to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/troll

What do you suppose I have backwards...?

1 minute ago, the blob said:

I'll pass. For the money, OA gives me that uniqueness and "piece" of the artist (and half the time it is signed too). Although it has gotten so expensive for pages that excite me a little I am not sure I will ever get a page that does again.

Sounds terrible. :(

1 minute ago, the blob said:

Sean phillips pages are affordable and top notch.  Here's the gem of my collection:

Phillips Incognito BI (1).jpg

I have other pages that are worth more, for instance a great Swanderson piece, but that's my favorite Phillips piece.

Luckily, the Big Guns I talk to behind the scenes understand fully what's going on here.

If one is called a "troll" by the "most moderated member on the forum" (not my words, but someone in power here), should that almost be considered a compliment?

20 minutes ago, kav said:

All I did was start a thread.  No one forced anyone to come here.  Not sure how you can troll your own thread.

How dare you have a different opinion you troll. Have you subbed tens of thousands of books?

Have you called CGC and written countless letters complaining about other members and moderation?

Have you??

Just now, Logan510 said:

How dare you have a different opinion you troll. Have you subbed tens of thousands of books?

Have you called CGC and written countless letters complaining about other members and moderation?

Have you??

:sorry:

Making false accusations to damage someone's reputation...solely because you don't like their opinions, because their opinions offend you...is the antithesis of being a "man of your word." It is the opposite of it.

Again: it all comes down to motive. You notice the chest thumping? "I know something you don't know!" It's what children do, and how children behave. 

This is not, and never has been, the place to deal with personality conflicts, and yet....here we are again.

4 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Have you??

I haven't. Have you...? hm