• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2021 at 5:49 AM, Bosco685 said:

And the social media blitz begins

This is what I call a planted tweet. Planted to make others look bad, and probably planted by someone who actually is a racist

A quick look at Capn Bob Chapeks Twitter feed reveals that, yes, the guy or girl is a racist.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 10/30/2021 at 7:13 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

This is what I call a planted tweet. Planted to make others look bad, and probably planted by someone who actually is a racist

A quick look at Capn Bob Chapeks Twitter feed reveals that, yes, the guy or girl is a racist. From Florida it seems.

Doesn't fit the narrative: THAT'S A LIE!

Fits the narrative: THAT TRUTH SHINES!

(:

On 10/30/2021 at 12:59 AM, @therealsilvermane said:
On 10/30/2021 at 12:51 AM, fantastic_four said:

Where do you see him giving the film a star rating?  I don't see one in his review:

https://substreammagazine.com/2021/10/eternals-review-caught-between-the-mcu-mold-and-a-chance-to-break-free/

What does RT even do for reviewers who don't give numerical ratings?  Or do they require it to include a reviewer in their results?

The 3 1/2 stars is in the image I posted under the review title to the right. I read the review and, while not glowing, it was generally positive. So far, about 4 or 5 "rotten" Eternals reviews should be "fresh" IMO.

But  you're right. When I clicked on your link, the star rating is gone. I don't know, it was there when I clipped the image anyway.

Maybe reviewers have to upload their reviews to RT, and when they do they're required to enter a numerical score.  (shrug)

On 10/30/2021 at 7:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

Doesn't fit the narrative: THAT'S A LIE!

Fits the narrative: THAT TRUTH SHINES!

(:

Among Capn Bob Chapek's racist tweets (I don't want to visually share them) are a fake vintage Disneyland ad with Aunt Jemima on it, a gif of the goofy Indian chief from Peter Pan that says "Happy Indigenous Peoples Day", black people fighting at Disney World with the caption that's why Disney had to raise prices to keep riff raff out, an image of Tom Sawyer with the slave Jim and how Disney will have to cancel Tom Sawyer Island at Disney World, and a photo of a black family dressed in vintage clothes with the caption ABC is rebooting the Wonder Years.

My takeaway from the several dozen reviews I've read is that Eternals makes a common (recent) blockbuster mistake:

Spending the bulk of its run time introducing characters and world-building -- setting the table for a good movie in the sequel, rather than giving us a self-contained plot / movie in its own right.

That jives with what I've read all the way back to the rumors re. the first (supposed) post-credits sequence.

On 10/30/2021 at 7:43 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Among Capn Bob Chapek's racist tweets (I don't want to visually share them) are a fake vintage Disneyland ad with Aunt Jemima on it, a gif of the goofy Indian chief from Peter Pan that says "Happy Indigenous Peoples Day", black people fighting at Disney World with the caption that's why Disney had to raise prices to keep riff raff out, an image of Tom Sawyer with the slave Jim and how Disney will have to cancel Tom Sawyer Island at Disney World, and a photo of a black family dressed in vintage clothes with the caption ABC is rebooting the Wonder Years.

We hear you. And all your posts about racists and misogynists out there. Depending on how they favor what YOU LOVE.

PERRI_NEMIROFF.thumb.PNG.b60514907764e86c480f5b29b7128a44.PNG

:baiting:

See the game becomes obvious once you keep applying the same approach over many, many months. Which you have admitted to doing.

On 5/20/2021 at 9:13 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Btw, it doesn't really matter what I've said in the past. And if I did directly accuse any "fellow forumite of being racist and misogynist", which I don't deny, that post got immediately pulled and I got a temporary ban. Fine. You're not allowed to accuse fellow forumites of things like that here. Fine. What I've been saying the past couple pages is that I did not, in these past few pages, "directly accuse fellow forumites of being racists and misogynists" when I myself was being accused of such a few posts up by a fellow forumite.

On 7/25/2019 at 12:51 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Thank God you don't have Kevin Feige's ear. We could all do with a little less of your casually racist view of a character and a culture.

Someone not appreciating a movie or TV show or character you appreciate doesn't make them a racist or misogynist like you categorized fellow forumites. It just means they didn't care for what you cared for. And the same goes for outside of this place.

On 10/30/2021 at 7:59 AM, Gatsby77 said:

My takeaway from the several dozen reviews I've read is that Eternals makes a common (recent) blockbuster mistake:

Spending the bulk of its run time introducing characters and world-building -- setting the table for a good movie in the sequel, rather than giving us a self-contained plot / movie in its own right.

That jives with what I've read all the way back to the rumors re. the first (supposed) post-credits sequence.

Origin stories are terrible. It seems this one is an origin of the MCU itself. That must be extra-terrible.

I'm still looking forward to seeing it. I'm a Marvel zombie & cosmic Marvel's the best. Also, Black Widow & Shang-Chi were the worst. 

On 10/30/2021 at 8:35 AM, TupennyConan said:

How much do MCU content pushing plants get paid? I'm looking for extra income. 

Try investing early in CGC slabbed Marvel keys featuring future MCU characters. The ROI can be tenfold, even a hundredfold. It's better than gold and almost as good as cryptocurrency.

What is clear is that corporations do not care about diversity and inclusion, they are using it as a way get accolades when they can, and to shield themselves from criticism and bad reviews.  You only have to look as far as movie posters for different markets.  With the Rise of Skywalker where the size of Finn's character was reduced on the Chinese poster, or the more recent Dune poster where a black character was removed completely. Or the editing out of a lesbian kiss (hey ROS and Disney again). This allows them to take praise when a project is well liked and reviewed and have a goto scapegoat if things do not go their way. If they cared, they would put out one product, and be damned what the various market responses are. 

There are already articles about RT being review bombed for Eternals. There are no user scores up yet, and only approved reviewers get posted, so how can that be a review bombing?

We all have to decided, if we want to see this movie and make are own decisions. Right now we are merely commentators and observers.