• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2021 at 9:06 AM, drotto said:

There are already articles about RT being review bombed for Eternals. There are no user scores up yet, and only approved reviewers get posted, so how can that be a review bombing?

The story is IMDb, not RT, was review bombed with hundreds of 1 star reviews by users. IMDb has since removed those negative user reviews so now there are only 2 user reviews listed.

On 10/30/2021 at 9:25 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

The story is IMDb, not RT, was review bombed with hundreds of 1 star reviews by users. IMDb has since removed those negative user reviews so now there are only 2 user reviews listed.

Bulls--t.

Source?

IMDB dealt with that problem years ago - because unlike Rotten Tomatoes, they sell IMDB Pro as a paid service.

So reviewers are required to first show proof they actually watched the film - to ensure fidelity.

On 10/30/2021 at 9:44 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Bulls--t.

Source?

IMDB dealt with that problem years ago - because unlike Rotten Tomatoes, they sell IMDB Pro as a paid service.

So reviewers are required to first show proof they actually watched the film - to ensure fidelity.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/29/mcu-movie-eternals-review-bombed-on-imdb-over-lgbt-representation-15506314/

https://cinedope.com/eternals-review-bombed-on-imdb-for-being-pro-lgbtq/

https://www.cbr.com/eternals-kumail-nanjiani-on-lgbtq-review-bombing/

https://screenrant.com/eternals-movie-review-bomb-imdb-details/

On 10/30/2021 at 9:51 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

I stand corrected.

However, my point still stands. Unlike Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB did put an automated system in place to detect mass review bombing / fake reviews and mitigate them via removal (as it did in this case).

And, psychotic Captain Marvel fan that you are, you know this.

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/7/18254548/film-review-sites-captain-marvel-bombing-changes-rotten-tomatoes-letterboxd

Relevant quote: 

"Nobody has found a perfect solution to review-bombing campaigns. Some platforms have tried to create technical systems for defusing them. IMDb uses a secret weighting formula to calculate its star ratings, so in what it calls “rare instances” of mass inauthentic reviews, it “takes into consideration numerous techniques to artificially inflate/deflate a title’s rating, and attempts to neutralize their impact.”

On 10/30/2021 at 10:47 AM, Gatsby77 said:

However, my point still stands. Unlike Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB did put an automated system in place to detect mass review bombing / fake reviews and mitigate them via removal (as it did in this case).

And, psychotic Captain Marvel fan that you are, you know this.

First, I was just correcting drotto's assertion about the RT review bombing story. I could care less about what's going on at IMDb.

Second, it's amusing how I'm labeled a "fanatic" or now "psychotic" Captain Marvel fan just because I defend the movie with reasoned arguments unless someone comes at me with obviously fanatical hater comments about the movie or the actress. Fire with fire I've always said.

I will say I may be in the top ten of global Captain Marvel fans. I'm not sure many people can match the Carol Danvers collection I have as far as rarity value and importance goes. You should see my shirt collection.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

I'm a marvel zombie and will see it like I do all comic book movies but the trailers have done nothing for me O.o

On 10/30/2021 at 5:56 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I will say I may be in the top ten of global Captain Marvel fans. I'm not sure many people can match the Carol Danvers collection I have as far as rarity value and importance goes. You should see my shirt collection.

That’s great, nothing wrong with that. A lot of us here can say the same for certain characters including me. The one I collect is not very popular at all but nostalgia drives many of us weirdo collectors.

On 10/30/2021 at 11:29 AM, Oddball said:

That’s great, nothing wrong with that. A lot of us here can say the same for certain characters including me. The one I collect is not very popular at all but nostalgia drives many of us weirdo collectors.

If it was just that: an excited fan that loves Marvel and its characters. But when someone assumes they have to convey fealty by detracting from competing studios, characters and actors so as to convey their love of Marvel, Marvel Studios and the MCU franchise, that is not a healthy mindset. And he has admitted to it on here, but excused it as being a hardcore Marvel fan.

There is a difference, And it is okay to love any of these films and TV shows that nobody else appreciates, But not like that!

On 10/30/2021 at 2:43 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Among Capn Bob Chapek's racist tweets (I don't want to visually share them) are a fake vintage Disneyland ad with Aunt Jemima on it, a gif of the goofy Indian chief from Peter Pan that says "Happy Indigenous Peoples Day", black people fighting at Disney World with the caption that's why Disney had to raise prices to keep riff raff out, an image of Tom Sawyer with the slave Jim and how Disney will have to cancel Tom Sawyer Island at Disney World, and a photo of a black family dressed in vintage clothes with the caption ABC is rebooting the Wonder Years.

ABC is actually rebooting the Wonder Years with a black family in the 60’s. But you want to know what offends me? These two walking around sacred ground with those shirts. Pretty sure they are in Disney jail now getting waterboarded.

DC514C6D-E95B-4334-AD7A-A9CA5C9F4279.jpeg

Edited by Oddball

On 10/30/2021 at 7:38 PM, Bosco685 said:

If it was just that: an excited fan that loves Marvel and its characters. But when someone assumes they have to convey fealty by detracting from competing studios, characters and actors so as to convey their love of Marvel, Marvel Studios and the MCU franchise, that is not a healthy mindset. And he has admitted to it on here, but excused it as being a hardcore Marvel fan.

There is a difference, And it is okay to love any of these films and TV shows that nobody else appreciates, But not like that!

I haven’t forgot about who that poster is, just finding common ground in anyone, including ones I completely disagree with. 

On 10/30/2021 at 12:50 PM, Oddball said:

I haven’t forgot about who that poster is, just finding common ground in anyone, including ones I completely disagree with. 

Hey, I get it. I watched Netflix's Mindhunter where they try to understand those that see the world in an extremely different way.

But common ground... :baiting: (:

On 10/30/2021 at 10:56 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

First, I was just correcting drotto's assertion about the RT review bombing story. I could care less about what's going on at IMDb.

Second, it's amusing how I'm labeled a "fanatic" or now "psychotic" Captain Marvel fan just because I defend the movie with reasoned arguments unless someone comes at me with obviously fanatical hater comments about the movie or the actress. Fire with fire I've always said.

I loved Captain Marvel AND Black Widow ... I rarely see one that isn't at least decent to me. The only films that ever disappoint me are Comedies ... I will suit up for the next person_too_unaware_of_social_graces movie, however. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 10/30/2021 at 12:58 PM, Bosco685 said:

Hey, I get it. I watched Netflix's Mindhunter where they try to understand those that see the world in an extremely different way.

But common ground... :baiting: (:

The thing is, if we want movies theaters to survive long term, we need people to support good movies period.  Screw which universe, or franchise, just give me good films. 

We also can not blanket like something because of branding, and be afraid to call out when our favorites make mistakes.   Without that, these films risk becoming less attractive to wider audiences. The success of the MCU was based on mass appeal, not dividing and concuring.

On 10/30/2021 at 12:45 PM, Oddball said:

ABC is actually rebooting the Wonder Years with a black family in the 60’s. But you want to know what offends me? These two walking around sacred ground with those shirts. Pretty sure they are in Disney jail now getting waterboarded.

DC514C6D-E95B-4334-AD7A-A9CA5C9F4279.jpeg

No kid young enough to know how that could be offensive could possibly be offended by that, so I can't decide what I like more--the clever word play, or the fact that they're offending people too dumb to know that they have no reason whatsoever to be offended.  hm

Edited by fantastic_four

On 10/30/2021 at 10:03 AM, Azkaban said:

I'm a marvel zombie and will see it like I do all comic book movies but the trailers have done nothing for me O.o

I'm just now realizing we were the same year forum peeps! :headbang: 

image.thumb.png.2080d2fa67a0eab854c2dbf9db965995.png