• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My take on Batman Begins.....

10 posts in this topic

....and, yes, I read Artboys post.

This is setting up to be a franchise bar none, this movie was essentially a 2hr 20 min teaser trailer. I, for one, are very pleased that we did not have any of the early rouges gallery. They wanted to establish first and foremost...WHY...why did Bruce Wayne become Batman, and this they did very well indeed. The plot setting really takes place from his chilhood as the actual Batman mythos should, as the other preceding movies already have him in place with the fancy Batcave, Bat toys etc. . This movie takes you to the core of the charecter. It establishes him as learning to be Batman, for example the first encounter with Gordon, and the jumping off the police building and busting his a*s*s-he's learning. Also, right out of the mythos, young Bruce falling into the cave system beneath Wayne manor, and when Thomas shows Bruce the pearl necklace( "do you think she'll like them") we in the know what was going to happen. Like I said earlier, the others have the charecter already deep into the "career", where here we get to see the training and preperation of mind and body. The realtionship with Gordon is set(the others have Gordon as Commish already) and put in place to grow. I'll finish with this-the final scene gave me goosebumps of anticipation. The little " by the way since your here" we've got some "criminal" with the eye for the theatrics......he even leaves a calling card.... The Joker. Then he says " I'll look into it"-stage set-bring on the sequel. Everyone of you where grinning from ear to ear after that ending-fess up. It is the best Batman movie yet, and was the part Balle was born to play, as Keaton was good, but Balle is a perfect fit. Peace CC.

....and, yes, I read Artboys post.

This is setting up to be a franchise bar none, this movie was essentially a 2hr 20 min teaser trailer. I, for one, are very pleased that we did not have any of the early rouges gallery. They wanted to establish first and foremost...WHY...why did Bruce Wayne become Batman, and this they did very well indeed. The plot setting really takes place from his chilhood as the actual Batman mythos should, as the other preceding movies already have him in place with the fancy Batcave, Bat toys etc. . This movie takes you to the core of the charecter. It establishes him as learning to be Batman, for example the first encounter with Gordon, and the jumping off the police building and busting his a*s*s-he's learning. Also, right out of the mythos, young Bruce falling into the cave system beneath Wayne manor, and when Thomas shows Bruce the pearl necklace( "do you think she'll like them") we in the know what was going to happen. Like I said earlier, the others have the charecter already deep into the "career", where here we get to see the training and preperation of mind and body. The realtionship with Gordon is set(the others have Gordon as Commish already) and put in place to grow. I'll finish with this-the final scene gave me goosebumps of anticipation. The little " by the way since your here" we've got some "criminal" with the eye for the theatrics......he even leaves a calling card.... The Joker. Then he says " I'll look into it"-stage set-bring on the sequel. Everyone of you where grinning from ear to ear after that ending-fess up. It is the best Batman movie yet, and was the part Balle was born to play, as Keaton was good, but Balle is a perfect fit. Peace CC.

893applaud-thumb.gif........ hail.gif........... 893whatthe.gifYES , someone that I can agree with, Thank You. I can only

add that we saw the baddest batmobile EVER & can only guess at how the bat-cave will look. All and all two

solid thumbsup2.gif's up......for me. I know I will be in line for # 2.

Definately the best comic film of the year so far, have not seen FF yet though!

Thanks, have you had a chance to see Sin City? I think 2005 will be had to top as far as a better, or worse,

year for Comic-Book-Based-Movies. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif....... confused-smiley-013.gif