• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new Marvel Comics are all wavy

44 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, ghost of the wild said:

I may be a disabled veteran, but I have enough common sense to know a little about what is worth getting graded, but thank you for your input.

Thanks for posting. I do believe there have been a couple other threads bringing this up. It's been happening for a good while now.

As you can see, it's easier for some to criticize and act as though you have a money tree in your backyard than provide meaningful commentary.

8 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

And yet, here you are, talking about submitting new Marvels. hm

yeah to me comics like the first appearance of weapon H seems like a good one, Retailer Incentive variant of amazing spiderman 1G was limited to 1 to 1000 so yeah I have a couple newish ones that came out with a slight waviness, so yeah here I am talking about new marvels. I thought this forum was for people trying to help people.  

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Thanks for posting. I do believe there have been a couple other threads bringing this up. It's been happening for a good while now.

As you can see, it's easier for some to criticize and act as though you have a money tree in your backyard than provide meaningful commentary.

Man thank you.you said it better than I could have. I always try to treat people with respect, but I understand there are those that don't treat people with the same. 

LMK what about my post is disrespectful - because there's nothing to be found there.

I'm personally sick of the "woe is thee, if you disagree, you're not respecting me" shtick. "If you disagree, you're a troll". That's not how it works.

If you think modern variants are gonna fetch you $$$$$ then load up on the 80 DC #1000s.

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

LMK what about my post is disrespectful - because there's nothing to be found there.

I'm personally sick of the "woe is thee, if you disagree, you're not respecting me" shtick. "If you disagree, you're a troll". That's not how it works.

If you think modern variants are gonna fetch you $$$$$ then load up on the 80 DC #1000s.

Yea, why would anybody bother? "What I collect rules, what you collect drools".

1.jpg

Just now, TwoPiece said:

Like I said; Stock up on the DC 1000's, then.

One outlier does not make a 'rule'.

You're acting like you have no choice as to what you buy and "must buy all".
Also, when did OP state that they were doing it for investment?

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

You're acting like you have no choice as to what you buy and "must buy all".
Also, when did OP state that they were doing it for investment?

"my kids will know what they have."

If his kids aren't into them now, then there's really no other conclusion to draw. He could just leave raw books to them if he wants them to read them (which is really all most modern are good for anyways).

Just now, TwoPiece said:

"my kids will know what they have."

If his kids aren't into them now, then there's really no other conclusion to draw. He could just leave raw books to them if he wants them to read them (which is really all most modern are good for anyways).

Grading makes things easier for a transaction as each party knows what they are dealing with. It does not mean that every book will be worth thousands.

BTW, you got any of those Ross TEC 1000's laying around that aren't worth anything? I'll take them off your hands.

1.jpg

Just now, ygogolak said:

Grading makes things easier for a transaction as each party knows what they are dealing with. It does not mean that every book will be worth thousands.

BTW, you got any of those Ross TEC 1000's laying around that aren't worth anything? I'll take them off your hands.

1.jpg

I'm waiting for the ball to drop - and it will. Sell 'em while they're 'hot'.

Just now, TwoPiece said:

I'm waiting for the ball to drop - and it will. Sell 'em while they're 'hot'.

Yea, but I thought they were worthless?

27 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Just now, ygogolak said:

Yea, but I thought they were worthless?

Don't create a strawman argument. You're literally putting words in my mouth. If you're looking for an extended argument - go elsewhere. In case you forgot, what I did say, is that "there are exceptions to every rule".

The 'Tec 1000's will not be worth this much for long.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Don't create a strawman argument. You're literally putting words in my mouth. If you're looking for an extended argument - go elsewhere. In case you forgot, what I did say, is that "there are exceptions to every rule".

The 'Tec 1000's will not be worth this much for long.

Yes, I'm the one putting words in peoples mouth. :roflmao:

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, I'm the one putting words in peoples mouth. :roflmao:

Good - laugh it off. You literally did.

I told the OP what his kids will have. $4 books in $50 pieces of plastic. If he's looking for "what his kids will have", then what other inference is there to make, other than that he expects his kids to have some "valuable" modern drek?

He's encapsulating brand new books for spec value. That's all that's going on.

1 hour ago, ghost of the wild said:

y. I thought this forum was for people trying to help people.  

Whoooo boy. Run away, friend, while you still can!

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Whoooo boy. Run away, friend, while you still can!

Special forces don't run, trust me I've seen things and done things to protect this country that would shake a simple man. I just find the whole way the thread went was a little disrespectful. I know sometimes people try to make jokes and it comes off in a post as looking like something else. I'm grading so when I'm gone the kid that is into the comics will know what he has, as a grade speaks for itself, I'm not thinking I'm gonna make millions or even leave millions, but they will get more than just a raw book. IMO. I do pick the ones that I feel will be worth more than just the regular runs. don't know why I'm even explaining myself to that fact. But thank you ygogolak for having common curtsy and sorry you got drug into my mess. Thanks to the others for the input, that was helpful. I left comics for a while as I was serving and lost track of what was going on and was just trying to get caught back up to see if my problem was par to the coarse. peace out and keep your aim steady.