• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

My only issue at this point with the show is Agatha as a villain. It’s a departure from character and I hope there is more to her tale.

As for questions left from earlier, I guess knowing why Hayward faked footage of Wanda destroying their lab would be good to know. What’s his worry or concern in all this?

19 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Unless you can name one villainous thing she's done...she's not a villain.

She fed that innocent magic cicada to Senor Scratchy while laughing.

What do I win? 

Oh, and...

WandaVision: The Murder of Sparky the Dog Is

's Worst Sin - Well, So Far

Though WandaVision is filled to the brim with ominous Easter eggs and mind blowing twists, perhaps one of the series' biggest bombshells dropped in its latest episode. With a gleeful theme song accompanying a montage from the villain's perspective, Wanda's neighbor, Agnes, revealed herself to be Agatha Harkness, the puppeteer behind the series' biggest events. Her confession to killing Sparky capped off her sinister song, but there may be more to the confession than a throwaway joke. In short, murdering Sparky is the most evil thing Agatha's done yet, and it's a major hint to her darker purpose.

Whatever Sparky really was before the Hex, those days are over.

:(

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:
25 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Unless you can name one villainous thing she's done...she's not a villain.

She fed that innocent magic cicada to Senor Scratchy while laughing.

That was Mephisto, so good triumphed over evil.  Show over!  :acclaim:

Just now, fantastic_four said:

Vision, Billy, Tommy, and Sparky are all constructs of Wanda.  I can't tell if hurting or killing any of them is evil or not.

Episode 9 will tell. Should be interesting.

:popcorn:

Here's the main thing I don't get from last episode--they showed all of the studio lighting, cameras, and audience seating for Wanda's house.  So has she been knowingly filming in front of all of that the entire time?  They showed her looking at all of the equipment like she was surprised by it, like it was the first time she had ever seen it.  Before she had time to process it she heard Billy and Tommy yelling, and then Agatha did her "the Scarlet Witch" thing and the episode ended.  Does everyone know they're on a show, or are none of them seeing any lights or equipment?

Edited by fantastic_four

The only question I have is does Agatha make it past episode 9 and marvel disposes of her like every other villain or does the love of fanboys like @TupennyConankeep her alive 

Time to start the website www.dontkillagatha.com 

Just watched the opening scene again 

Agathas motivation is she wants to know how Wanda is doing all this type of magic cause she wants it for herself

she was drawn to this place due to level of incantations and spells 

I rewatched Dr Strange last night.

The Inception FX were horrible to look at & a massive, unexplained plothole.

The villian guy was lame.

The Ancient One, too.

Origin tales suck.

The only visuals of note were in the Dark Dimension, though Dormammu looked a bit like a pumpkin.

The GF character was disposable.

The movie was flat and throwaway.

7 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Fair enough, she has just been looking for answers. Although she did kill a bunch of witches and her mom but there is likely more to that....

Even that I can't definitively blame her for...maybe yes, maybe no.  She told them not to do what they're doing because she couldn't control the dark magic, and then they died.  Did she do it on purpose, or did the dark magic do it without her control?  I THINK she did it on purpose, but I wasn't totally sure.  Also, what exactly were they trying to do?  Purge her, or kill her?  If they were trying to kill her then I suppose I can't blame her for fighting back.  After the rest of the coven died she told her "mother" please, don't do this, I can be good...her "mom" said "no, you cannot," so Agatha gave her a chance, and her "mom" declined to take it.

If they were trying to purge her of dark magic then Agatha is evil.  If they were trying to kill her she's not necessarily evil and it was self-defense.

Edited by fantastic_four

I saw no compelling evidence Agatha necessarily wanted Wanda's power for herself--maybe she did, maybe she didn't.  What she said at the end of the episode was "you don't know how dangerous you are," and if her motivation were simply to obtain her power I don't see how that's relevant to a motive of power acquisition.  So far she may still be consistent with the comic version who is a moral protector.

Edited by fantastic_four