• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

Thinking there might be someone actually inhabiting Agatha's body, since the scene in 1693.  Maybe her "Mother" wasn't addressing Agatha herself but whomever was inhabiting her.  How she might have been taken over is open for speculation, though maybe whoever it is might have kept her body alive over all these centuries doing whatever they've been doing.  

The real Agatha inside might now be seeing an ally and a way out with Wanda, and is working as hard as possible behind the scenes to try to defeat the real villain.

Dunno!

9 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

Color-coding hermeneutics has superseded MEPHISTO sightings.  

At least with this the magic color differences have ACTUALLY shown up in WandaVision and the MCU versus fan assumption excitement.

MCU_Magic.PNG.555f782d45ef28495e4d1e3de82487b1.PNG

I'll be here all night. Try the veal! :banana:

Edited by Bosco685

3 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Wanda's mom looks out the window and sees War, Fires, shooting, bombs, chaos raging in the streets..... and like the good mother she is she decides...

"Hey kids, let's watch Van Dyke"

Anyone else think that was weird?

I think that they were trying to normalize the experience of living in a war zone for their kids.

Just now, Bird said:

I think that they were trying to normalize the experience of living in a war zone for their kids.

Take them and the TV to the basement and normalize there.

I don't know..... I've never lived in a war zone.  Do people stay in their apartments upstairs when war is raging?

Edited by gadzukes

1 minute ago, Bird said:

And there was literally nowhere to go, run or hide.  She made the best of the situation that had no other way to go.

And I'm sure that it was indeed confirmed that Wanda is a mutant.

Something that struck me rewatching the SWORD scene...why was nobody with Wanda? Not one Avenger went with her to reclaim the body of her loved one? I can't imagine someone being alone during an event like that unless they had literally nobody else, and we know that isn't the case, because of the conversation she had with Clint after Tony's funeral. It really affected me, and does so more and more on each rewatch.

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

Exactly how I perceived the situation: parents in a war-torn city trying to help their children not be completely traumatized. But doing it in a way where you shut out the outside world to your detriment.

:(

3 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Take them and the TV to the basement and normalize there.

I don't know..... I've never lived in a war zone.  Do people stay in their apartments upstairs when war is raging?

I think that the war is always going on, just more or less but always.

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Or maybe...... when she connected her powers to him in trying to remove the MindStone.... that link up allowed HIM to send a copy of himself into her

Maybe Vision downloaded himself into Wanda when she linked to him.  Maybe it's what HE did and not what SHE did.

We now know that witches can steal or accept energy/magic/power from others. As seen in the Salem witch opening scene. Wanda totally could have received his essence when she was breaking the Mind stone.

16 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

Color-coding hermeneutics has superseded MEPHISTO sightings.  

I would think Mephisto would be black magic.  But maybe that doesn't fit into the sprung-from-imagination color wheel of magic.  :whee:

I went looking for whether or not the comics have established the color of Mephisto's magic but couldn't find anything.  Maybe this "the color identifies the faction" thing is entirely a new MCU invention.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

I would think Mephisto would be black magic.  But maybe that doesn't fit into the sprung-from-imagination color wheel of magic.  :whee:

I went looking for whether or not the comics have established the color of Mephisto's magic but couldn't find anything.  Maybe this "the color identifies the faction" thing is entirely a new MCU invention.

You should post a few more times we are definitely going to see Mephisto and go back to five more of your posts and quote them again. :baiting:

13 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Wanda's mom looks out the window and sees War, Fires, shooting, bombs, chaos raging in the streets..... and like the good mother she is she decides...

"Hey kids, let's watch Van Dyke"

Anyone else think that was weird?

If we assume Sokovia is some Eastern European equivalent to places like Kosovo...what would you recommend within the time, which should be around 1995 to 2005?  Her options as I understand them from history are limited to nonexistant.

5 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Something that struck me rewatching the SWORD scene...why was nobody with Wanda? Not one Avenger went with her to reclaim the body of her loved one? I can't imagine someone being alone during an event like that unless they had literally nobody else, and we know that isn't the case, because of the conversation she had with Clint after Tony's funeral. It really affected me, and does so more and more on each rewatch.

I thought the same thing. Leaving a troubled teammember alone to deal with loss on her own doesn't seem to fit the mold of the ever-connected MCU world. But then I read this post.

It makes sense. They wanted to drive home the point how troubled Wanda's journey was leading to current events. So maybe they didn't want other key MCU leads distracting from this?

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

You should post a few more times we are definitely going to see Mephisto and go back to five more of your posts and quote them again. :baiting:

Are you under the impression that I'm John Byrne?  I didn't write the comics, I'm just reading where Feige's writers drew their story from.  Whether or not they alter Byrne's material is anyone's guess.

Just now, fantastic_four said:

If we assume Sokovia is some Eastern European equivalent to places like Kosovo...what would you recommend within the time, which should be around 1995 to 2005?  Her options as I understand them from history are limited to nonexistant.

Yes... I agree.  Life like that becomes the new normal.

I was in Iraq 4 times doing USO shows.  And almost every base would take on one random RPG during the day.  I would flinch like crazy, but our soldiers barely blinked... it was normal for them.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I thought the same thing. Leaving a troubled teammember alone to deal with loss on her own doesn't seem to fit the mold of the ever-connected MCU world. But then I read this post.

It makes sense. They wanted to drive home the point how troubled Wanda's journey was leading to current events. So maybe they didn't want other key MCU leads distracting from this?

Honestly, I get it, even if it surprised/upset me. People dealing with grief like this get the shaft all the time, even from their friends. It's realistic, which is great and awful at the same time.