• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, gadzukes said:

Here's one more thing.... Wanda is creating Vision, not from her powers coming out of her hands like normal...... but the power came out of her HEART.

You know now that I am looking at the video again could there be a stronger character behind the scenes that uses the TV to channel through Wanda and that is why we see the Yellow Magic recreating vision?

Watch how they focus on the TV screen before panning back over to the newly created Vision. hm

13 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

When Wanda's red hex magic exploded in the creation of Westview, red washed over everything except one thing..... Vision.  His creation had no red in it whatsoever (I'm writing this from memory so maybe I am wrong). 

Most of her magic looks like a mix of red, white, and yellow.  Vision looked almost entirely yellow as he was being created, or perhaps greenish.  I'm red/green colorblind so I get those colors wrong a lot, but he was definitely a LOT brighter than the colors used to create everything else.

If the colors are supposed to mean something in that scene I'm unsure of what.

7 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Or maybe...... when she connected her powers to him in trying to remove the MindStone.... that link up allowed HIM to send a copy of himself into her

Maybe Vision downloaded himself into Wanda when she linked to him.  Maybe is't what HE did and not what SHE did.

Silvermane suggested that yesterday referencing the scene from Star Trek 2 where Spock uploads his mind into McCoy.

45368df9523552329bc7d63757cfafb2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

People were saying the White Vision looked beefer. To me, it's the same character design and the color tone just makes it look different.

Bettany looks as lanky there as he ever has.  (shrug)

23 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

"The" Scarlet Witch, definite article.  Coincidentally I had the show up in another window and had just watched that scene again moments before you typed the question.

So what might the 'THE' suggest, an archetypal 'Scarlet Witch' character that goes back eons, a very ancient mutant?

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You know now that I am looking at the video again could there be a stronger character behind the scenes that uses the TV to channel through Wanda and that is why we see the Yellow Magic recreating vision?

Watch how they focus on the TV screen before panning back over to the newly created Vision. hm

So the more I think about this scene and the color rationale behind each magic...

Is this where Dottie reveals herself as another witch of the Yellow Magic power that helped recreate Vision?

Dottie-WandaVision.thumb.png.84121c7892e2432f9e8b329cb9e31c13.png

1 minute ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

So what might the 'THE' suggest, an archetypal 'Scarlet Witch' character that goes back eons, a very ancient mutant?

I'm not convinced Agatha was identifying Wanda as a mutant.  We're talking about magic here so there are a lot of possibilities...maybe some people are just born magical, somehow.  But yes, she said she's supposed to be a myth, so she's heard of the existence of someone like her.  It may be as simple as she has never heard of someone like her existing so she's "the" only one she knows.  Since she thought she was a myth she may not know if it's possible for there to be more than one of her.

Just now, fantastic_four said:

I'm not convinced Agatha was identifying Wanda as a mutant.  We're talking about magic here so there are a lot of possibilities...maybe some people are just born magical, somehow.  But yes, she said she's supposed to be a myth, so she's heard of the existence of someone like her.  It may be as simple as she has never heard of someone like her existing so she's "the" only one she knows.  Since she thought she was a myth she may not know if it's possible for there to be more than one of her.

Does somebody have a pencil?

ConnectTheDots.JPG

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

What else do we know about Wanda's mother (from the opening scene of episode 8): where is she dealt with in the books?

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

So the more I think about this scene and the color rationale behind each magic...

Is this where Dottie reveals herself as another witch of the Yellow Magic power that helped recreate Vision?

Dottie-WandaVision.thumb.png.84121c7892e2432f9e8b329cb9e31c13.png

I thought yellow mind be referring to mind stone power that Wanda absorbed after interacting with the tesseract in the Sokovia experiment?

Edited by Cozmo-One

3 minutes ago, Cozmo-One said:

I thought yellow mind be referring to mind stone power that Wanda absorbed after interacting with the tesseract in the Sokovia experiment?

Time will tell. But since each lady had different colors in front of their houses specifically and with Agatha and Wanda it turned out to represent their power sources...

:whee:

7 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

What else do we know about Wanda's mother (from the opening scene of episode 8): where is she dealt with in the books?

Depends upon which decade you prefer to accept.  Originally she was Magda Maximoff.  Eric Lensherr was later ret-conned to be the father and her name was Magda Lensherr while married to him.  Now she's not their mom, and their mom is Natalya Maximoff.

It's easier to smooth out the multiple ret-cons with Wanda and Pietro than it is her supposed parents before and after each ret-con, so I've been ignoring the parents aside from Magneto.  Fans like him being their dad best so my money is on him being their dad for the MCU and probably Magda being their mom.  They didn't name her mom in this episode so who knows, maybe that was Magda, maybe those were adopted parents.  We'll probably find out much later either before or after the X-Men emerge in the MCU.

Edited by fantastic_four

I suppose one easy route to Magneto being their parents is that they were left as "orphans", and the parents we saw in this episode took them in; maybe Magneto abandoned them to protect them, or maybe their original mother gave them up, or something similar.

Magic the Gathering has a magic color wheel that may not be the end-all/be-all of such representations.

Color_Wheel.jpg.6ea233ef020c36f53c51d4bc1f37b111.jpg

But with its scheme the Yellow Magic represents morality and order. Sounds like Dottie where she wanted everything prim and proper when she had that ladies-only party. 

hm

The Crystals Of Cyndriarr

Remaining an elusive character due to their one-off appearance in Doctor Strange Vol. 2 issue #44 (1980), there is not much information to be found about the mystical being known as Cyndriarr.

The spell that utilizes its name, however, is easily one of Doctor Strange's coolest and most deadliest weapons in his magic arsenal. The Shadowqueen, a notorious Strange opponent, has been known to call upon Cyndriarr the most.

The Crystals of Cyndriarr is described as a 'mystical energy blast that composed of yellow rectangular crystals'. While that may not sound too impressive, it's the notion that they boast the touch of 'certain death' that makes this spell one not to be trifled with.

I wonder if there is some link here?