• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Because the entire universe was still recovering from the Blip.

But that doesn't explain why one of Wanda's friends wasn't with her during this hard time for her. Like I said, that's what you would do for your friend who'd lost their partner--you'd be there for them. Clint was obviously aware of her pain--it's not like his wife would mind him going with her as emotional support to recover the body of her loved one.

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Most of her magic looks like a mix of red, white, and yellow.  Vision looked almost entirely yellow as he was being created, or perhaps greenish.  I'm red/green colorblind so I get those colors wrong a lot, but he was definitely a LOT brighter than the colors used to create everything else.

If the colors are supposed to mean something in that scene I'm unsure of what.

The Vision we're seeing in the Hex is a construct of the Mind Stones power inside Wanda that's why he's coming through as yellow. In the Hydra scene we see the Mind Stone choose Wanda and show her her potential as the Scarlet Witch, and this whole scene is bathed in the Stones yellow power. The Hydra scientists didn't see this because it was happening inside Wanda's mind, but it seems it has a special connection with her, almost as if it consciously wants to be with her. Back when Tony and Bruce were examining the scepter in Age Of Ultron they described the stone as being conscious or sentient by the patterns they were observing in it. So it doesn't seem like too far of a jump to say that it was actually the Mind Stone portion of Vision that wanted to be with Wanda the whole time much like how Simon Williams brain patterns were the part of Vision that wanted to be with Wanda in the comics. 

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Are you under the impression that I'm John Byrne?  I didn't write the comics, I'm just reading where Feige's writers drew their story from.  Whether or not they alter Byrne's material is anyone's guess.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Magic Influences

Eldritch Magic

The Eldritch Magic utilized by the Masters of the Mystic Arts, is light-based magic that produces sparks and fiery energy in a yellow/orange color palette that is capable of gives off not only light, but also warmth.

Dark Dimension Magic

For example, while Doctor Strange was pierced by a Space Shard, his heart itself was not only physically damaged by the shard but altered in a strange way leaving purple corruption spreading across his chest, resulting in cardiac tamponade and cardiac arrest. Also, it can be noted that the Space Shard hadn't even scratched his clothes and that after mild stitching was done to the wound, Strange had apparently recovered fully.

And now it is clear Chaos Magic is red which is why it is associated with Scarlet Witch. so the MCU is purposely using such colors to represent the magic's influence. Or did you assume people dreamed that up?

(shrug)

1 minute ago, bpc3qh said:

But that doesn't explain why one of Wanda's friends wasn't with her during this hard time for her. Like I said, that's what you would do for your friend who'd lost their partner--you'd be there for them. Clint was obviously aware of her pain--it's not like his wife would mind him going with her as emotional support to recover the body of her loved one.

The only time frame relative to the Blip we have is that Monica goes to Westview a few weeks after the Blip, and we know Wanda created Westview well before that.  So Wanda probably went to Westview within a week of the Blip, and if any of them have any idea what she's doing at that time I'd be shocked.

Now that you ask this, I think I need to re-watch the Endgame funeral memorial for Tony Stark--was Wanda at it?

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

That whole thing with the drone being charged with chaotic energy seems dumb on multiple fronts at first glance.  I really hate the mix of science and magic, and funneling magic into an android to make it work is breaking the part of my brain that likes to make sense of the world.  :insane:

Yep

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:
5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Now that you ask this, I think I need to re-watch the Endgame funeral memorial for Tony Stark--was Wanda at it?

I think I need someone with more vested interest in publishing information to draw a timeline.  We have this scene, then Wanda going to SWORD and then Westview, then the start of what we're seeing in Westview, then Monica going to Westview a few weeks after Blip.  All in less than a month?

Edited by fantastic_four

17 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

We now know that witches can steal or accept energy/magic/power from others. As seen in the Salem witch opening scene. Wanda totally could have received his essence when she was breaking the Mind stone.

I think we knew magic users could steal powers, that's Mordos whole schtick at the end of Doctor Strange and it's probably going to come up sooner rather than later with all the magic transference going on here.

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I think I need someone with more vested interest in publishing information to draw a timeline.  We have this scene, then Wanda going to SWORD and then Westview, and then the start of what we're seeing in Westview.  All in less than a month?

Yes--it's about three weeks from the Blip to the Hex.

The timeline could be three months, and I still think I'm cutting Hawkeye a ton of slack for wanting to stay at the farm with his reincarnated family instead of confronting SWORD even if Wanda explicitly asked--which is consistent with her traumatized past for her not to do in the first place.

Edited by fantastic_four

1 minute ago, bpc3qh said:

Yes--it's about three weeks from the Blip to the Hex.

I thought it was three weeks from the Blip to when Monica was asked to go to the Hex, which places the creation of the Hex well before three weeks.

Maybe an unimportant detail, but how did Vision get the deed to a property? Did Stark buy it for him and Wanda or was Vision able to purchase it on his own?  Did Vision get Avengers pay through the government? And if so, was he able to get a social security number? Was Vision ever considered a sentient being by the US Government?

Just now, fantastic_four said:

The timeline could be THREE months, and I still think I'm cutting Hawkeye a ton of slack for wanting to stay at the farm with his reincarnated family instead of confronting SHIELD even if Wanda explicitly asked--which is consistent with her traumatized past for her not to do in the first place.

I'm cutting everyone slack--like I said, this happens all the time to the grieving people, and it is of course narratively more powerful that she went alone. It just stood out to me, especially because there were people who could have gone with her. It's a subversion of expectations--you don't expect someone who's lost as much as Wanda to be alone, and yet she is utterly, completely, alone.

Here's Exactly When 'WandaVision' Takes Place in the MCU Timeline

"We Interrupt This Program" opens with Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Harris) experiencing "The Blip," the in-universe term for when the half of humanity snapped away by Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War suddenly returned five years later, thanks to the end of Avengers: Endgame. That's the year 2023. Monica returns to her job at S.W.O.R.D. three weeks later, officially placing the start of WandaVision around 21 days after Endgame. Which is interesting, because the last theatrically released MCU film, Spider-Man: Far From Home, takes place about eight months after the end of Endgame, meaning WandaVision happens before Tom Holland's Peter Parker jets off to Europe and battles an insane illusionist played by Jake Gyllenhaal. Never a dull moment in that there MCU.

WandaVision is the first TV series produced by Marvel Studios to debut on Disney+, and so far it's been one half deeply-committed sitcom homage, one half vaguely frightening puzzle-box mystery. Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany star as Wanda Maximoff and Vision, two Avengers who are now living—trapped?—in a constantly-changing world based off sitcoms of decades past. Everything is pretty obviously not what it seems, starting with the fact that the last time we saw Vision, he was extremely not alive.