• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paramount Plus HALO series (2022)

92 posts in this topic

I'm up to Episode 8.

It's okay. Though I thought part of the excitement of Halo was the mystery of Master Chief?

This feels like The Book of Boba Fett all over again. Without the Robert Rodriguez jazz shooting.

On 5/17/2022 at 6:36 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'm up to Episode 8.

It's okay. Though I thought part of the excitement of Halo was the mystery of Master Chief?

This feels like The Book of Boba Fett all over again. Without the Robert Rodriguez jazz shooting.

I made it to 6 and I ran out of gas.  Even with the one big battle scene it just didn’t grab me. 

I am going to watch this through to the end. So far it has exceeded my expectations, which were pretty low going in admittedly, so I am going to watch it whichever way it goes. The Halo fan in me loved the battle in the first episode. We need more of that.

With Halo set to debut to a new audience in the UK on June 22, franchise producer Wolfkill recently spoke to GamesRadar+. She said that Halo’s creative team is taking in all the social media criticisms and praise of season 1 as they develop season 2. Read the full quote below:

"We’re still getting feedback. It’s interesting to me to see characters that are resonating or not. I will say, philosophically, [we are] absolutely looking at all of the feedback, good and bad, from each episode. And those are the things that will carry forward as learnings into season two, just like all of the learnings we had on season one [that] we get through the course of production, we’ll carry those forward. We will look at everything...We do sort of read everything on season one and we’ll think about how we shape that moving forward."

Wolfkill went on to talk about how “with the television series, we’re hoping to speak to Halo fans, but also speak to the people around them.” As is the case with many adaptations, creators and/or networks often try too hard to appeal to the masses that they betray what made the IP beloved in the first place. Paramount+’s Halo has made some missteps. However, the controversy surrounding its creative decisions has overshadowed its latent potential, seen in elements like truly satisfying (and nostalgic) action sequences, astute performances by Schreiber and Natascha McElhone, and the inimitable voice work of Jen Taylor as Cortana. While Halo season 1 may not have lived up to the expectations of hardcore fans, it did entertain the masses.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Paramount+’s Chief Content Officer of Scripted Originals, David Nevins, discusses Halo’s potential as a television franchise. Specifically, he references the IP’s “amount of games” and uses that as a basis for where the story can go on the small screen. Read the full quote below:

"There are a lot of different ways you can go. It is also enormously franchisable. There are so many different games. It has got so many different directions. Yes, [we are] starting to think about that as a franchise, absolutely."

Edited by Bosco685

I like both Halo and Yellowstone, but prefer the Yellowstone spin offs 1883 and 1923. Halo was a slow build, but seeing Master Chief kick azz at the end was worth it. Spencer Dutton in 1923 = Master Chief.

Edited by kimik

On 12/1/2023 at 3:41 AM, Bosco685 said:

A word of caution on that.

https://www.cbr.com/halo-season-2-premiere-date/

YouTube description noted that fans can "stream every episode of Halo on Paramount+ and catch up before the new season streaming February 8." However, that message has since been removed from the description, so this might be a case of the date getting slipped prematurely, or that date is still subject to change.

Wow. That looks awesome. I did not play the game, but from what I have read online is this the fall of the Reach? It appears that the CGI is upgraded for Season 2.

Edited by kimik