• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paramount Plus HALO series (2022)

92 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2024 at 2:27 AM, kimik said:

Episode 6 picks the action and unveils more of the politics of ONI. I am really enjoying the darker tone of Season 2 so far. It is much better than Season 1 was IMHO. I look forward to the actual space battle scenes at some point. Based on what I have read online, Master Chief will need to retrieve Cortana at some point.

This has been a much better season. I actually look forward to these episodes.

To me S2 E7 was solid. It conveys the divide amongst the characters as they seek their individual missions.

So glad the showrunners upped the intensity this season.

:headbang:

Episode 8 left off with the intro of two key elements, but I thought they missed a huge opportunity in not showing one potentially amazing scene

Spoiler

Why not show Master Chief attacking through space and then cutting through the Senhali to reach Kai and Perez? 

At least we see the intro of the Flood and then the Forerunner AIs for Season 3 (hopefully!).

With no connection to the game lore, I'm enjoying this season. Master Chief is more an unpredictable warrior than a controlled government assert.

Spoiler

The battle between Master Chief and the Arbitar should have gone on longer. But I'll take it.

I am not familiar with The Flood and Guilty Spark. Guess I have some research ahead.

I agree with you that

Spoiler

The last battle, and even the Master Chief rescuing Kai and her team, seemed edited too short. I got the sense they cut it down to keep within the time allocated to each episode.

I would have done less with the Flood, which is supposed to have been found on the Halo if I read things correctly online. It looks like it goes like this - Precursors created life across galaxy. Forerunners (city that the found the Flood spores in was Forerunner) developed faster than other species, got pissed that Precursors deemed Humans to better choice to assume their role holding the mantle of life and started to wipe out the Precursors and humans. The remains of the last of the Precursors ended up becoming the Flood. The Flood becomes an ongoing plague that almost infects everything human and Covenant.

Edited by kimik

Overall, this season was a nice step forward from Season 1. I hope that Season 3 gets the greenlight as we will see the Flood become the big issue, and humanity's last stand against the Covenant. Season 4 would likely be everything left (including some Forerunners) vs the Flood.

Edited by kimik

On 3/24/2024 at 1:38 AM, The Brain said:

YES.

Omg I need to watch this. I have season 1 on Bluray, but have been putting it off because everyone's told me it's terrible, but I'd love to see a live-action Fall Of Reach. Was that the whole season? Were there cameos by Noble Squadron? I'd love to have seen a live-action Carter, more than anything (Halo wise). 

On 3/23/2024 at 10:36 AM, Cat said:

Omg I need to watch this. I have season 1 on Bluray, but have been putting it off because everyone's told me it's terrible, but I'd love to see a live-action Fall Of Reach. Was that the whole season? Were there cameos by Noble Squadron? I'd love to have seen a live-action Carter, more than anything (Halo wise). 

Season 1 is not terrible, but Season 2 is much better. The Fall of Reach is not the entire season, just building up to and showing during the first half of it. They move forward in the second half building towards introducing the Flood.

On 3/24/2024 at 3:15 AM, kimik said:

Season 1 is not terrible, but Season 2 is much better. The Fall of Reach is not the entire season, just building up to and showing during the first half of it. They move forward in the second half building towards introducing the Flood.

Damn. Reach could have been its own season, and it would have been awesome. Throw in some Noble Squad appearances, boom! Fan favourite, all sins forgiven.