• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACTION 1 THRU 10 ON A SINGLE EBAY AUCTION

58 posts in this topic

were any other dealers talking about an offer of Action 1 - 10? Seems like others would have been given a shot at it. I mean, Mike doesnt really give off the most trustworthy up-and-up impression compared to many of the more buttoned down dealers in attendance.

Not that I caught wind of, but you have to be at the right place at the right time for that sort of thing...

have a look at their link for the GA subby 1...

Subby 1 Golden Age

they go on to describe it as such:

"Sub-Mariner #1 features the origin of Sub-Mariner with the story continuing from Iron Man & Sub-Mariner #1."

ummm.... so this 1939 book somehow follows the story from IM/SM #1 from 1968....

does that mean if he sends u the SM/IM book in lieu of the GA subby, then he wasn't being misleading.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I dont trust Neat Stuff as far as I can throw them, and how do so many copies in an "original owner" collection get to be restored". And why woudl anybody shop the San Diego Convention assortment of dealers and pick Neat Stuff to sell these to???

1)Why would the original owner have so many restored copies? Perhaps the original owner was an early restorer? He needed to practice on something. Maybe He was all out of lunchbags?

2) Why Neatstuff? Perhaps they were closest to the door? Just in case a quick exit was needed.

3)If you need verification of the story, just ask Neatstuff for the address of the 85 year old gent. Besides if the books don't sell on E-Bay CGC will have to verify the pedigree. How about "THE LUNCHBAG COLLECTION"?

Why wouldn't you break up these books and sell them individually? I would think you could make more money that way.

Yes. Selling them individually could be the way to go but shipping them in one lot saves the cost of buying additional boxes.

In all seriousness, I assume everyone recognizes that Neatstuff has little expectation of selling any of the books on E-Bay. They are simply advertising the books waiting for interested buyers to call them to begin a negotiation.

"Sub-Mariner #1 features the origin of Sub-Mariner with the story continuing from Iron Man & Sub-Mariner #1."

This is the kind of drek listing you get from a bulk lister peddling books by the pound!

Christo_pull_hair.gif

have a look at their link for the GA subby 1...

Subby 1 Golden Age

they go on to describe it as such:

ummm.... so this 1939 book somehow follows the story from IM/SM #1 from 1968....

does that mean if he sends u the SM/IM book in lieu of the GA subby, then he wasn't being misleading.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Carbonaro seems like a nice guy, but Neatstuff's auctions always have a slipshod, rushed look to them. It's as if the person posting the auction has no idea what the item being put up for sale is. It keeps me away from many of their auctions, no matter how desirable the merchandise can be.

Wow, you're right. I had assumed that was filter's book, so I didn't take note of the seller. Amazing group of books. Wonder if he picked them all up in SD.

I have no idea whose book it is. When I pulled up Filter's TEc 27 picture and compared it to Neatstuff's book the shape/staple placement/notes match perfectly.

Everyone can read into that what they wish.

Noticed today that the high bidder is "crabmonk", who is ALSO currently high-bidder on the Detective 27, AND a Superman 1. Has anyone sold to this guy - is he for real? Filter told me after the first attempt to sell the book on eBay, he followed up with some bidders (including crabmonk), and there were no replies even at the bid prices they offered, so I kind of wonder.

Noticed today that the high bidder is "crabmonk", who is ALSO currently high-bidder on the Detective 27, AND a Superman 1. Has anyone sold to this guy - is he for real? Filter told me after the first attempt to sell the book on eBay, he followed up with some bidders (including crabmonk), and there were no replies even at the bid prices they offered, so I kind of wonder.

I consigned the Detective 27 to Neatstuff Collectibles when I saw mike at the San Diego convention. I thought their eBay feedback and list of buyers might help them get better luck selling the book than I did. (I talked to so many dealers at San Diego who said something like... "Wow.. you're Filter81? You have some amazing books up for sale on eBay.. but since you have less than 200 feedback I just assumed they weren't real so I didn't bid") Unfortunately the auction tanked (I think the reserves and buy it now prices were set too high) so I will probably try a different avenue to sell the book next. (Or else keep it if I sell enough other books in the meantime)

As for Crabmonk, at one point he was the high bidder on NeatStuff's Action 1-10, the Detective 27, Marvel 1, Superman 1, and some others. He was also the high bidder on my Detective 27 and my Batman 1. He was also the high bidder on Metropolis Comics' Superman 1 CGC 8.0 EP that they put up for sale on eBay last month. Also, when the Batman 1 CGC 9.2 Slight Professional was listed on eBay and the reserve was revealed to be $65,000 I believe it was Crabmonk who placed the bid for $64,999.

When the auction ended for my Detective 27 and my reserve was not met, I offered the book to Crabmonk for several thousand dollars BELOW his Maximum bid, and the only response I received from him was an E-mail saying "No Thanks smile.gif" After bidding on my book and then telling me he wasn't interested in buying it for below his maximum bid, he went ahead and bid again as soon as Neatstuff listed the book, and continued to re-bid every time someone outbid him.

From what I've seen, Crabmonk has been the high bidder on almost every really valuable Golden age comic book to go up for sale on eBay in the last 3 months, without ever actually hitting the reserve on a single book.. I don't know for sure what his deal is, but everyone can come to their own conclusions..