• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Tales of Suspense #39

25 posts in this topic

Congrats! A true grail!

Tanning to the back and edges. Some spine stain marks on back and general spine wear. 

Minor concern...the top edge of the book appears cut off (the IND. is not fully visible). Not sure because I cannot see the edge to guess if it was ever trimmed or if it is just a factory printing defect (I have seen it on other copies, some where the IND. is gone entirely). 

Assuming no trim, I am comfortably at a 4.5-5.0

I was at 5.5 before reading the comments, due to the stain. Structurally looks very sound but those marks will ding it. Reading the rest of the opinions, I'm sticking at 5.5. Super cool book!

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:57 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Congrats! A true grail!

Tanning to the back and edges. Some spine stain marks on back and general spine wear. 

Minor concern...the top edge of the book appears cut off (the IND. is not fully visible). Not sure because I cannot see the edge to guess if it was ever trimmed or if it is just a factory printing defect (I have seen it on other copies, some where the IND. is gone entirely). 

Assuming no trim, I am comfortably at a 4.5-5.0

No trim, IMO Just top centered.

+1  4.5 to 5.0, with the lean to 5.0, and a very attractive one at that. Even at 5.0, would perform like the average 6.0 in the marketplace. Nice book.

Edited by James J Johnson

Just now, ivegotneatstuff said:

I'm glad you said that lol do you think that actually cheapens the book in bidders eyes? 

Ultimately, I think the standard label opens up the most amount of attraction. There will be some that prefer the Iron Man label, but as you begin to make products more and more specific, you create more niche markets.

Kinda how Signature Series books are also more niche than regular CGC products.

I doubt there are many people that outright dislike the label, but I would pay a couple bucks for the regular one.