• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it too early to talk about GA fans/dealers attending SDCC 2019?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Not me Cat...

It’s been 4 years for me after a 40+ year run. WAY to expensive and WAY too much hassle. It has just evolved way to far away from it’s former glory for me. First year I passed, I missed it a lot. Not so much anymore.

I will be going to the more comic book related Torpedo show in LA the week before. Cheap, easy and everything I want in a “Comic Con”. Besides, I get the opportunity to pick all the major dealers stock before it gets to SDCC!  :devil:

I can go to SDCC as a trade professional but choose not to as it has gone too far afield of my interests in reasonably priced Golden Age books you can read. I'm going to check out Torpedo this year after hearing so many good things last year. Plus I can take the train there and back for $3. It's also within walking distance of Musso and Frank's so I will be convincing my buddy we need to go have a martini there. I don't even like martinis, but I had one there once and it was amazingly good.

Let's see one day in San Diego for about $200 or one day in LA at Torpedo for about $20. The choice is clear!

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

I will attend this year. 

I last attended in 2014 and had attended for 25+ straight years. 

This may be my last trip to SDCC.  I can always get a badge and a hotel room, but I no longer enjoy the con.  There are not enough comics and too much non-comic book junk. For only the second time, I will not be driving down.  I found out I can get from the airport to the hotel on the 992 bus for $1.10, thanks to the senior fare.

1 hour ago, lhcomics said:

I'm skipping this year.

I am hop-scotching.

4 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

I will attend this year. 

I last attended in 2014 and had attended for 25+ straight years. 

This may be my last trip to SDCC.  I can always get a badge and a hotel room, but I no longer enjoy the con.  There are not enough comics and too much non-comic book junk. For only the second time, I will not be driving down.  I found out I can get from the airport to the hotel on the 992 bus for $1.10, thanks to the senior fare.

:preach: