• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,891 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2021 at 12:38 PM, batman_fan said:

List of what I see coming up

It's blank.  I don't see anything. (shrug)

On 9/14/2021 at 3:20 PM, Ltpink2002 said:

I have the same issues, sometimes pictures show up and other times just a blank screen.

Thank you for being gracious enough to treat me far more respectfully than I deserve. :foryou:

Batman Fan only sees Batman books.  I was indicating that I see books other than Batman books. It was a joke. 

Luckily, I kept my day job.

On 9/14/2021 at 7:24 PM, eschnit said:

Though I’m sure I haven’t, it feels like I’ve seen every Gold book, but I’ve never seen this one before.  It has zero copies on the census. What gives?  1947, not all that early. 

B3BCD659-9E87-44EA-828C-2C1767D8EAC1.png

I've seen copies. Ha sold some raws I think. Not an easy book. Leave it the Promise collection to bring out the best.

On 9/14/2021 at 4:24 PM, eschnit said:

Though I’m sure I haven’t, it feels like I’ve seen every Gold book, but I’ve never seen this one before.  It has zero copies on the census. What gives?  1947, not all that early. 

B3BCD659-9E87-44EA-828C-2C1767D8EAC1.png

yup

Edited by Dr. Love

On 9/12/2021 at 9:03 PM, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

It's not part of the promise collection but it will have to do unfortunately. 

image.thumb.png.d75f3b1bfec73ab46bdd616943050261.png

Speaking of this book, since we're talking Schomburg's style in the other thread.... this can't possibly be a Schomburg cover as the label states, can it? (Nothing against the cover, mind you. I love it in any case!)

On 9/14/2021 at 7:42 PM, Point Five said:

Speaking of this book, since we're talking Schomburg's style in the other thread.... this can't possibly be a Schomburg cover as the label states, can it? (Nothing against the cover, mind you. I love it in any case!)

What other artist would go to the trouble of labeling every piece of diabolical equipment ("Human Bomb," "Suicide Squadron Japan to USA")?

On 9/14/2021 at 11:39 PM, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

This is true! Definitely a Schomburg trademark.

Fair point guys, but to my eye this doesn't look like the lettering on Schomburg's covers. Schomburg's lettering, like his linework, is very precise, and doesn't show much variation of line weight within each letter. There were certainly other artists who did the labeling thing; War Victory Comics #3 is one random example. The lettering style here is more like interior dialogue lettering than like Schomburg's cover labels.