• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,958 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2021 at 2:55 PM, MrBedrock said:

Wonder if 7102 will be bidding on non-Promise books tomorrow.

Well, I guess we clearly got the answer to your question here once the Church run of Pep came under the auction hammer.  (thumbsu

Any truth to the rumour that Anthony Chiofalo got out on bail last week just in time to bid in this auction, since he's so familiar with the HA platform.  lol

On 9/9/2021 at 8:14 AM, Timely said:

Most of the Sensation Mile Highs I owned were dripping with ink reflectivity & looked wet.

Absolutely beautiful and stunning pair of Church Sensation's that you have here.  :luhv:   :applause:

Just wondering if there's any truth to what many have stated here in that factors such as the ones you mentioned above, including color saturation does not count for that much when it comes to the final grade, especially when compared to some of the other more technical factors that the graders focus more on?  ???

On 9/9/2021 at 1:59 PM, MrBedrock said:

This new auctioneer has upped the Hand Game significantly. Brian uses that little "come hither" hand gesture a lot. The other dude points at everyone. But this women uses her hands like she is directing traffic. A+ for style and effort.

I actually liked Brian today with his sharp looking turquoise blue tie set against a black shirt and grey suit, and a bit of a sense of humour to boot. (thumbsu

I thought Barry used to be pretty good in terms of his details with the individual lots, but not the same level of enthusiasm as the years have gone by. (shrug)

On 9/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, MrBedrock said:

Someone explain this to me -

Golden Age Flash #2 9.2 off-white - 1 9.2 and 1 higher - $32,400

Showcase #13 (4th SA Flash app.) - 9.2 single highest - $38,400

Should there be any distinction between GA and SA any longer? Maybe now they are all just old comics.

both cheaper than a top grade Spidey #41 (which coincidentally is also my definition of a Mega Key :wink: )

On 9/9/2021 at 4:54 PM, tth2 said:

Interestingly, there were a number of Peps that the consignor only broke even on and even lost money on, particularly when Heritage's cut is factored in (even assuming that a very sweet deal was negotiated with Heritage).  But that's probably more the result of the consignor having paid such astronomic prices back in 2016 than prices being weak this time.

Still, he probably came out ahead overall thanks to a big jump in the price of #20.

He also got a decent increase for #7, which is the real gem of this Pep run, in my opinion.

Yeah, this was also the first thing that crossed my mind when the hammer came down on some of these Pep's here.  (thumbsu

Unlike Mitch who seems to be the biggest cheerleader for the Promise Collection books here, I believe the winners for a large number of the Promise books will also have a rather long wait before they can see some green on their winnings.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

On 9/9/2021 at 6:54 PM, tth2 said:

Interestingly, there were a number of Peps that the consignor only broke even on and even lost money on, particularly when Heritage's cut is factored in (even assuming that a very sweet deal was negotiated with Heritage).  But that's probably more the result of the consignor having paid such astronomic prices back in 2016 than prices being weak this time.

Still, he probably came out ahead overall thanks to a big jump in the price of #20.

He also got a decent increase for #7, which is the real gem of this Pep run, in my opinion.

Just waiting on The Shield and The Destroyer to join the MCU 😎, then boom 

Don’t think Disney+ streaming is a likely destination for The Destroyer though.  Maybe in a comedy with Archie ;)

On 9/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, MrBedrock said:

Someone explain this to me -

Golden Age Flash #2 9.2 off-white - 1 9.2 and 1 higher - $32,400

Showcase #13 (4th SA Flash app.) - 9.2 single highest - $38,400

Should there be any distinction between GA and SA any longer? Maybe now they are all just old comics.

Newsboy Copy :cloud9:

On 9/8/2021 at 3:01 PM, HemiGTX said:

The Kid Colt #1 (9.0), with the rat chewed corner and the dust shadows went for over $19k

Anyone here can have my (8.5) MH White pages, for......let's say 15k???????

I won't be holding my breath. Ridiculous IMO, lol...

P.S. I almost forgot the staple tears!!!

On 9/8/2021 at 3:03 PM, Dr. Love said:

Yeh 7102 took the Kid Colt 1 and 2.  Wrecking Ball action.

Yes, although it was "stunning" to use Heritage's own words to see a book in such high grade with these kinds of defects, what's even more shocking is that it actually sold for such a stunningly high amount of $19,200 nevetheless.  :whatthe:  O.o

Makes me wonder if this Live Bidder 7102 spent enough time looking at the book to even noticed the missing piece or if it even mattered to him, considering all of the other big dollar books that he apparently hoovered up in this auction at record prices?  (shrug)

On 9/10/2021 at 4:07 PM, lou_fine said:

Yes, although it was "stunning" to use Heritage's own words to see a book in such high grade with these kinds of defects, what's even more shocking is that it actually sold for such a stunningly high amount of $19,200 nevetheless.  :whatthe:  O.o

Makes me wonder if this Live Bidder 7102 spent enough time looking at the book to even noticed the missing piece or if it even mattered to him, considering all of the other big dollar books that he apparently hoovered up in this auction at record prices?  (shrug)

Rat chewed corners :luhv:

DD90B24B-6F85-4B17-A89C-77422F663DC6.jpeg

On 9/9/2021 at 1:16 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Blown the F out. Live bidding raised it $50k! My comfortable lead, going into the live portion, wasn’t 

I thought us Holocaust collectors were dwindling, but apparently not

E668A0D2-F595-45C7-B74C-AC4C0B47BECC.png

Yes, almost knocked me right out of my seat when I saw the hammer come down on this book here at an out of this galaxy $90K.  :whatthe:

Why, this is totally unbelievable as at a price point of $90K now puts this book in esteemed company with the likes of Silver Surfer 4 and Uncle Scrooge 1.  :bigsmile:

Seriously though, a real tough book to find as I remember trying to track down a nice looking copy after seeing the Holocaust style cover in a copy of the CBM magazine back in the 90's.  Although I was willing to pay more than top of guide for a copy which was only several hundred dollars at the time, I was never able to come across any copy, let alone find a nice looking killer copy for my collection at a reasonable price.  :(

Edited by lou_fine