• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,947 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2022 at 11:10 AM, Treco said:

If I had known someone would shell out 90k, I would have taken the plunge this past summer. Maybe minus a limb or two...but I digress.

3CADDDC6-0F69-498C-BC16-CB3EEDB85FC1.jpeg

The 100k book or real close :bigsmile:

On 11/18/2022 at 1:48 PM, Terry JSA said:

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I like to look at TEC #168 as a poor man’s Batman #1. Most people can’t afford a Bat #1, so why not go for the next best thing? His origin.

I agree. ......with every book but that one. No, I do agree. Eeeetz just so much money man. 

On 11/18/2022 at 1:59 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Here’s the other poor man’s Bat 1

4D9051E2-7DFF-4288-BBE9-CBCCBF35283F.jpeg

Ah the Batman 1 splash, the poor man's Bat 1. And here is the flat broke rent collector's knocking trying to get in Bat 1. Wait a minute, didn't you just sell a Bat 1 at the perfect peak time in history? Don't answer don't answer.  Actually the true poor mans Bat 1 would be a page of the Ginger Snap story. Still says 1st Joker and The Cat on the label.

1940 Spring Batman 1.jpg

Edited by Professor K
afterthought

On 11/17/2022 at 12:33 PM, Robot Man said:

I see a number like that and think of a heck of a start to educations for my grand children. Or, selfishly, couple classic muscle cars with a vintage Indian motorcycle thrown in. Or travel to all the places I have ever wanted to see…

I have no interest in a Hulk 181, but I have no interest in vintage cars or motorcycles, either. If I see a price like that, the only thing I think is, "If I were the seller, what GA books would I buy?"

Edited by jimbo_7071

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/batman-1-dc-1940-cgc-pr-05-brittle-pages/a/7283-96017.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

Can't believe someone paid $40k+ for this brittle paged copy of Bat 1.  You can see a bunch of brittled scraps inside the holder itself :eek:.  Basically paying for this book to deteriorate even more and soon turn to dust lol

On 11/20/2022 at 6:28 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I have no interest in a Hulk 181, but I have no interest in vintage cars or motorcycles, either. If I see a price like that, the only thing I think is, "If I were the seller, what GA books would I buy?"

I get it. We all have different priorities. I guess I have gotton to the point where I have most I really want (and then some). And prices on the stuff I’d still want seem a little crazy.

I have done OK in life and have more than enough money to live happily without having to work. Time to enjoy what I already have.

Money and “stuff” are great but can’t buy me the most important thing in life. Time.  Travel to my bucket list places and sharing it with my family are WAY more important.

Cashing in on my hobby here and there are providing me with more great experiences. Having stuff locked up in safety deposit boxes and safes. And, yeah, every once in a while, I step a bit for a book. 

On 11/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I just noticed the Jerry Robinson autograph on your Joker splash page. That’s really a special thing

Thanks. Yeah, I got him to sign it at SDCC just before he passed away. Very cool guy. I mean, how bad could I have a coverless book defaced?

On 11/18/2022 at 8:58 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You were ahead of your time. This is the only flier I have left of an old sale I had and I wish I hadn’t done it

03A11C1D-4F28-4AC9-BE03-94489BA77098.jpeg

How much for all of them? The Punch 12, Pep 34 and those All Winners are books I never bought at the time because I thought too expensive…:roflmao:

On 11/18/2022 at 9:01 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, if you are thinking about Hulk 181, then how about the continuing downward trend for CGC 9.8 graded copies of TMNT 1:  :frown:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7283-91062.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Modern Age (1980-Present):Alternative/Underground, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (Mirage Studios, 1984) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages....

With this copy being able to fetch only $156K and getting closer to @Gotham Kid's purchase target purchase price point of cover price.  lol  :takeit:

Seriously though, still a very strong price as compared to the mid to upper $30K's from a few years ago that any long term collector should be happy with even though it's a rather sizable drop from the quarter million mark that CC was able to get last year and the near $200K price points that Heritage was able to get earlier this year.  (thumbsu

I remember seeing that on the rack and thumbing through it. I thought it was stupid and put it back…:whatthe:

On 11/21/2022 at 7:02 AM, Ryan. said:

That was kind of an odd one though. The cover color seems a bit lackluster... like, the reds are bold but the yellow seems pretty weak... even if production-y in nature I find it a big qualifier. Plus if memory serves there was a higher-grade copy in the same auction.

On 11/21/2022 at 10:26 AM, Point Five said:

That was kind of an odd one though. The cover color seems a bit lackluster... like, the reds are bold but the yellow seems pretty weak... even if production-y in nature I find it a big qualifier. Plus if memory serves there was a higher-grade copy in the same auction.

Yeah, I thought the price was fair as the color was off and that copy is falling apart (big chunks out of the back cover and the spine looks just about split if not already). There was a 7.5 in the same auction that sold for less than the last 7.5 copy, just think this book has had it's day in the sun as more copies have come to market in the last few years after a couple big sales.

Edited by drbanner

On 11/21/2022 at 7:26 AM, Point Five said:

Yes. The 7.5 went for $14k and some change. A year ago a different 7.5 went for $15k, so the price seems to be dropping just a tad