• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,896 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2023 at 8:19 AM, ThothAmon said:

Hello Mama. Seems like a very healthy price for this classic by Brundage. 

IMG_9279.jpeg

Big jump over previous copies in this grade.  But that's consistent with the trend we've been seeing in pulps lately.

On 6/23/2023 at 11:42 AM, batman_fan said:
On 6/23/2023 at 11:16 AM, tth2 said:

Stuff I am punishment bidding on comes up tomorrow. :devil:

Like you would ever be able to figure out what I will be bidding on lol

You must think my brain is the size of a peanut! (tsk)

On 6/23/2023 at 10:50 AM, atomised said:

Not sure why there always seems to be such delight or thread frenzy when the Promise books crash or sell at a loss.  Good chance the seller could have been a boardie or a collector we've met.  I feel bad for those sellers as they bought into great material and are now seeing losses.  I didn't consign any Promise books into this current auction, fwiw.  That said, it's a great Pedigree and I like those books and own several.  I share the pain when they dip like this.

There are a lot of Charles Darwin fans on these Boards. (shrug)

On 6/22/2023 at 10:50 PM, atomised said:

Not sure why there always seems to be such delight or thread frenzy when the Promise books crash or sell at a loss.  Good chance the seller could have been a boardie or a collector we've met.  I feel bad for those sellers as they bought into great material and are now seeing losses.  I didn't consign any Promise books into this current auction, fwiw.  That said, it's a great Pedigree and I like those books and own several.  I share the pain when they dip like this.

Bidders are entitled to spend as recklessly as they wish, but someone getting in and out this quick looks like a speculator and those have found little love from the Boards.

Edited by adamstrange

On 6/22/2023 at 2:40 PM, RareHighGrade said:

For example, the 9.0 More Fun 10 and 6.0 Zip 22 each went for $20K, and the mid-grade Big Book of Comics went for $15K.

Well, all I can say is that it's about time that these super rare early DC pre-hero "non-adventure" theme covers gets some much deserved and long overdue loving from the comic book marketplace:  :luhv:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/platinum-age-1897-1937-/miscellaneous/more-fun-comics-10-dc-1936-cgc-vf-nm-90-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7340-92104.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Platinum Age (1897-1937):Miscellaneous, More Fun Comics #10 (DC, 1936) CGC VF/NM 9.0 Off-white to white pages....

Sadly, I imagine its extreme rarity is also a key factor in keeping prices down for these early types of books due to the lack of market turnover.  :(

I have been a supporter of the promise collection and believe those book are great books. What I have been mistaken about is the correlation between them and the Mile High Collection. Yes I thought it would follow the same pattern of taking years to "catch up" to the "real world" comic book prices. It appears that the Promise Collection was sold at the perfect exact moment of a comic book price bubble and them it went for an insane over market price.

I was wrong....they may never hit true market price on a number of those books...The GA Action prices cannot be dismissed.

However, it appears there is a price market panic on a number of those books and say on those early 78-80 Actions, there is a very chance those will exceed the price paid yesterday in the future

SO...NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY PROMISE COLLECTION books, while there is a "fire sale"....

Edited by Mmehdy