• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,943 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2023 at 4:26 PM, Point Five said:

I will say, I like the centering/cut on the 4.0 much more. On the 5.5 the "10c" is partially cut off; that would kinda bug me.

Me too. The color looked brighter on the 4.0 in the scan at least. i guess I could see them going for about the same. I'm sure you know there has been I think 4 - 7.0 sales in the past 2 years averaging about 28k, so I could see a 5.5 hitting 20k based on that. At 15k it shows people care about the centering/cut/wrap. 

On 11/18/2023 at 4:48 PM, szav said:

The spread on the marvel mystery 46s was pretty atypical too.  A 7.5 normally goes for twice what a 6.0 does.

Maybe not the best choice putting 2 copies in the same auction.  Not sure the order they sold in but it looks like the 6.0 went second and benefitted greatly, perhaps from the underbidder on the 7.5 refusing to be denied again.

Are you saying emotions are a factor in some peoples bidding habits? :roflmao:Yes they certainly are. I know I'm guilty at times. 

On 11/18/2023 at 5:07 PM, Professor K said:

I'm sure you know there has been I think 4 - 7.0 sales in the past 2 years averaging about 28k....

Funny enough, I know next to nothing about Timelys and their sales. They are awesome, but I'm currently collecting about 177 other GA niches, so something's gotta give!

On 11/18/2023 at 2:48 PM, szav said:

The spread on the marvel mystery 46s was pretty atypical too.  A 7.5 normally goes for twice what a 6.0 does.

Maybe not the best choice putting 2 copies in the same auction.  Not sure the order they sold in but it looks like the 6.0 went second and benefitted greatly, perhaps from the underbidder on the 7.5 refusing to be denied again.

I was the underbidder on the 7.5.  I wasn't interested in the 6.0 because the colors weren't fresh.  But the grader's notes on the 7.5 made it sound like the rust at the single staple was one fedex bump away from a 3.0.  As such I wasn't willing to chase it any higher, and I imagine that kept others away also.  I can't speak to the 6.0, but I think for the way it presented it was too much.  

On 11/18/2023 at 5:10 PM, Professor K said:

Are you saying emotions are a factor in some peoples bidding habits? :roflmao:Yes they certainly are. I know I'm guilty at times. 

What's that you say? Bidding in an online auction can be affected by emotion rather than just coldly logical business acumen? That's crazy talk! :roflmao:

On 11/17/2023 at 7:58 AM, WolverineX said:

I think I never should have sold my copy.  It is one of my all time favorite covers.

On 11/20/2023 at 8:45 PM, path4play said:

Pretty rough, but still a copy...  Sold it here on the boards. 

july15-508x729.jpg

LOL, I've owned that copy too! I bought it off Heritage as a slabbed 2.0 in 2021, then resold it here on the boards to Dr. Balls when I was able to eke out an upgrade. Not positive but I believe he's since sold it as well.

On 11/20/2023 at 8:45 PM, path4play said:

Pretty rough, but still a copy...  Sold it here on the boards. 

july15-508x729.jpg

Very nice.  Such a cool cover.  

On 11/20/2023 at 9:20 PM, Point Five said:

LOL, I've owned that copy too! I bought it off Heritage as a slabbed 2.0 in 2021, then resold it here on the boards to Dr. Balls when I was able to eke out an upgrade. Not positive but I believe he's since sold it as well.

Wow, the provenance of that book is pretty rad.  @Dr. Balls

Edited by WolverineX