• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,891 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2023 at 11:38 PM, Robot Man said:

Actually, par for the course now days. A lot of these books (although “key”), seem down right common.

I mean, how earth shaking is it to see books like this any more. (shrug)

Are you being sarcastic?

Because a 7.0 Superman #1, 9.4 All Star #8 and most especially the Curator ASM #1 are most definitely not common.

On 12/3/2023 at 1:40 AM, batman_fan said:

Highest Spiderman 1 they have offered is a 9.4

I'm pretty sure they've offered 9.6 copies before.

But I never thought I'd see the Curator ASM 1, as I figured it was locked up in a collection forever.

On 12/2/2023 at 7:45 PM, tth2 said:

I'm pretty sure they've offered 9.6 copies before.

But I never thought I'd see the Curator ASM 1, as I figured it was locked up in a collection forever.

I thought it was clink that had the 9.6.  I didn't see a 9.6 in Heritages archive but could have missed it

Just checked out the preview, and there is also a 9.2 Hulk 1, the Newsboy 9.6 Showcase 4 and a 9.6 (formerly 9.4) Brave & Bold 28. 

There seems to be a major unloading of SA going on!  Can the market absorb this much mega-key SA in one auction?

On 12/2/2023 at 1:39 PM, Robot Man said:

I get it. High grade, big numbers. So what? Most people here can only dream of owning even a super low grade copy. Personally, I am much more impressed to see truly rare GA books in any condition. The kind that never turn up in ANY grade. Collections like Jon Berk’s, BangZoom and Gator’s Centaur collection, now those were impressive.

I'm still on hunt for a high grade My Friend Irma #16, I think I've had 3 and all low grade and always on look-out for better for like 13 years now...nada.  Probably (hoping, but probably not now that I'm posting this lol) it wouldn't even set me back "that much."  There are a number of personal grails like that for me.  I'm even going Western now too lol.

However, picking up on the next big run up trend, that's a whole different game.  I feel like it keeps gravitating more and more to key big heros and blow your mind covers, and Sensation and WW while in that bucket still despite everything are still not keeping up.

On 12/3/2023 at 8:48 AM, path4play said:

I'm still on hunt for a high grade My Friend Irma #16, I think I've had 3 and all low grade and always on look-out for better for like 13 years now...nada.  Probably (hoping, but probably not now that I'm posting this lol) it wouldn't even set me back "that much."  There are a number of personal grails like that for me.  I'm even going Western now too lol.

However, picking up on the next big run up trend, that's a whole different game.  I feel like it keeps gravitating more and more to key big heros and blow your mind covers, and Sensation and WW while in that bucket still despite everything are still not keeping up.

Yeah, Irma is a fun run. I’ve picked them up for years when I ran into them. I’m down to 2 issues left and just never see them. Rarely do they turn up in high grade. I’ve just bought what I could find pretty much any condition. Very affordable and not real splashy just fun. My 16 is probably a vg at best. I will keep my eyes peeled for you.

Collectors have always coveted the big keys and truly super high grade ones are like unicorns. I get it and am not criticizing those who do. But that ship sailed for me and most of us since the dawn of collecting. I have always took the road “less traveled” and collected in my humble means. While everyone was chasing the big guys, I was buying the early stuff no one was very interested in. Just by chance, my taste and instincts have paid off in spades. Problem is, now these books have been “discovered”. No point in drooling over something that I can never own.