• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,891 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2024 at 6:46 PM, szav said:

It also got a PQ bump from OW to OW/W.  Hard to compare the two scans to really see what's any different with one being on CC and the other being HA.  With normal GA comic book math an 8.5 is about 33% higher in price than an 8.0...but yeah who knows here.  I can't even imagine the pressure of pressing or working on a book like this.  Of course it might have just gotten regraded without any work being done on it. 

The serial number is unchanged in going from 8.0 to 8.5 though.  I had thought they give it a new number when its completely regraded, but maybe not for pedigree books?

Does it still have that rusty bottom staple?

On 2/1/2024 at 6:35 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I know it seems like a wacko number, but I've got a gut feeling man lol.

I'm sorry, but If they throw in the crack pipe they used in making the auction it might help the buyer not have remorse.

I congratulation the seller for timmg the market, to the second, to be the first.

On 2/1/2024 at 5:09 AM, batman_fan said:

Is this quite possibly the best looking Superman 1 in 1.0 grade?

IMG_0993.jpeg

It's definitely up there. My former copy!!! I believe I've seen a 1.0 that sold a year or two ago with great eye appeal such as this. 

Can't believe this will be the 3rd time it'll be auctioned off since I did back in 2021

On 2/1/2024 at 8:35 PM, Subliminal said:

I'm sorry, but If they throw in the crack pipe they used in making the auction it might help the buyer not have remorse.

I congratulation the seller for timmg the market, to the second, to be the first.

There are Billionaires in this hobby now

I think the major factor here is the grade bump.....how much extra juice is that going to add. Well say the pressing and cleaning and what ever on that staple was what 3K and the regrading?.....I think the bump which sets it apart from the other 8.0 adds one million dollars to the price....agree or disagree? and what is the estimate of the cost of the upgrading thru CGC?....they probably did the pressing also. Estimated costs of upgrade???

Edited by Mmehdy

On 2/1/2024 at 7:47 PM, Mmehdy said:

I think the major factor here is the grade bump.....how much extra juice is that going to add. Well say the pressing and cleaning and what ever on that staple was what 1K and the regrading?.....I think the bump which sets it apart from the other 8.0 adds one million dollars to the price....agree?

The other 8.0 is the Larson. 

The other 8.5 is this:

image.thumb.png.6f1ef665f7aef005fb5bcb289c71ec68.png

It sold for a bit over $2M in 2018. Resold in 2021 for $3.25 million. Which 8.5 is better?  I guess we're going to see how big an impact the Pandemic had on perceptions of value.

On 2/1/2024 at 8:01 PM, sfcityduck said:

The other 8.5 is this:

It sold for a bit over $2M in 2018. Resold in 2021 for $3.25 million. Which 8.5 is better?  I guess we're going to see how big an impact the Pandemic had on perceptions of value.

I like this copy better than the KC one personally. The colors in this one do pop and white pages to boot. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the line this book graded higher.

On 2/1/2024 at 6:12 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I'm going to predict 8 million, with the BP.

(thumbsu

On 2/1/2024 at 6:30 PM, woowoo said:

:roflmao::screwy:

Don't laugh it isn't funny. Ok it's kinda funny. 

On 2/1/2024 at 11:01 PM, sfcityduck said:

The other 8.5 is this:

On 2/1/2024 at 11:23 PM, Dark Knight said:

I like this copy better than the KC one personally. The colors in this one do pop and white pages to boot. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the line this book graded higher.

I'd love to see that Larson. I'd probably take aone tier drop in grade just to see his name on the cover. I didn't know this current 8.5 sold for 3.25 , still seems cheap to me.

And I like the other 8.5 better too but the colors on that scan looks too good to be true. That is bright. 

On 2/2/2024 at 4:01 AM, sfcityduck said:

The other 8.5 is this:

love the serial # on this one

On 2/2/2024 at 6:55 AM, Professor K said:

At this point not sure if it's realistic to believe that if one were to pay 5 or 6 million for it that it will go up much more than that at least in "our lifetimes" at least.

I've heard this same argument being made for the entire 4+ decades that I've been collecting.

On 2/1/2024 at 5:55 PM, Professor K said:

Oh! Yeah the other 8.5 that sold in 2018 looks nicer no doubt, at least to the eyes of this beholder. 

I know it's all a matter of perspective but going back 14 years when it sold for ONE MILLION DOLLARS and going back 6 years when the other 8.5 sold for 2 million I think it would have been realistic to believe the book will go up in value. At this point not sure if it's realistic to believe that if one were to pay 5 or 6 million for it that it will go up much more than that at least in "our lifetimes" at least. Whatever, awesome book. I too can't wait to watch it unfold live. 

On 2/2/2024 at 3:38 AM, tth2 said:

I've heard this same argument being made for the entire 4+ decades that I've been collecting.

Yes of course I'm sure. Basically I mean in 15 years a 1 million dollar book has become a let's say 4 million dollar book, and that's being conservative I think. What I meant was would it be realistic to think that 4 million dollar book in 2024 will be a 16 milllon dollar book in 2040. I think, and I could be wrong, but the days of these mega books multiplying in value like that are probably gone. At some point the summit will be reached.