• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,225 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2024 at 8:57 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I know the feeling. I remember passing on a nice Cap 1 in 8.0 that went for $40K back around 2000. (It might have been on eBay or in a Greg Manning Auction, but I'm not sure at this point.)

Passing? :roflmao:I never have or ever will even give a passing thought on a comic book for $40k…

On 9/13/2024 at 9:59 AM, EastEnd1 said:

I couldn't agree more with your philosophy.  To get those highly desirable books, you often have to overpay a bit.  But if you're a keeper, it always seems to work out (or at least it has for me).  The one that I still can't get out of my head though was a 9.6 Black Cat Mystery #50 that I could have had for $7500 in the mid-2000s that I let "get away" as being too expensive.   Talk about a ship that's sailed! :facepalm:

I was in the right place at the right time on that one. When the Harvey file copies came out I was at SDCC. A guy had small unbagged stacks of most of them. I grabbed a single copy as well as a bunch of others. The guy next to me got the single copy of Chamber of Chills #19. Didn’t bother me too much at the time but does now because it is still one of the biggest holes in my PCH collection. 

On 9/14/2024 at 1:35 PM, skypinkblu said:

It's a terrible picture taken in a bank, but the only one I could find. I think the resto is a small area of water based paint...I just know if I take it out and have the paint removed or remove it myself...that the next one will sell for $1.98, so I think I'll keep it...pretty colors.

startling49safe.thumb.jpg.444cb75d42c152305604bed2fa5e0e0e.jpg

That is pretty. And slight P ain't nothin. Even with the wrinked up bag I can tell the colors are very solid. Keeper! 

On 9/14/2024 at 1:35 PM, skypinkblu said:

It's a terrible picture taken in a bank, but the only one I could find. I think the resto is a small area of water based paint...I just know if I take it out and have the paint removed or remove it myself...that the next one will sell for $1.98, so I think I'll keep it...pretty colors.

startling49safe.thumb.jpg.444cb75d42c152305604bed2fa5e0e0e.jpg

That’s a heavyweight Sha!  A dream for most. 

On 9/14/2024 at 12:49 PM, batman_fan said:

Screenshot 2024-09-14 at 10.48.40 AM.png

This issue is a much needed gap in my collection.

On 9/14/2024 at 10:22 AM, Robot Man said:

I was in the right place at the right time on that one. When the Harvey file copies came out I was at SDCC. A guy had small unbagged stacks of most of them. I grabbed a single copy as well as a bunch of others. The guy next to me got the single copy of Chamber of Chills #19. Didn’t bother me too much at the time but does now because it is still one of the biggest holes in my PCH collection. 

Congrats on the get!  Funny thing on the COC#19... so I actually did pick up a file copy of that one on eBay of all places in the early 2000s for about $250... it's still raw and about an 8.5.  So since Black Cat Mystery #50 is probably the biggest hole in MY PCH collection, maybe we could trade!!  Oh wait, but then we'd both still have big holes in our collections... doh!

On 9/14/2024 at 4:24 PM, ThothAmon said:

Nice grab. Looks great in the slab and I love me some pre Batman Tecs. 🤞 

IMG_8211.jpeg

Hey! Nice grab yourself on the 8.0 if you were the one who got it in 2019. It would sell for double today. Regardless of value it's just such a classic. 

On 9/14/2024 at 10:12 AM, Robot Man said:

Passing? :roflmao:I never have or ever will even give a passing thought on a comic book for $40k…

You probably have books that you bought back in the day that are worth over $40K now, though, don't you?

I couldn't buy a $40K book now, either. That was before I bought a house and before I changed careers from engineering to teaching. In 2000 I was working as an mechanical engineer on contract with as much paid overtime as I wanted. (That was before the auto industry imploded.)