• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,000 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2021 at 12:39 PM, Professor K said:

So the Batman 1 6.5 went for 576,000 and a restored 6.5 Moderate went for 66,000 a few minutes later. Thats about 9X more. Big difference 

lf (1).jpg

lf.jpg

This is a very good learning experience. Moderate resto gets about 1/9 (I think I’ll go with 10%) of its unrestored counterpart. 

that seems like a good price for the universal copy, right?

Bidder 7102 aka "Richie Rich" laying down some serious coin - if I was watching from the beginning I would have kept a tally but I came in late.  Still, he's in so far for 350K.  Or maybe it's 500K at this point.

Do a few rich guys make a market?  Technically speaking, yes.  But practically?

On 9/8/2021 at 4:22 PM, Dr. Love said:

Bidder 7102 aka "Richie Rich" laying down some serious coin - if I was watching from the beginning I would have kept a tally but I came in late.  Still, he's in so far for 350K.  Or maybe it's 500K at this point.

Do a few rich guys make a market?  Technically speaking, yes.  But practically?

I know you already know this, but it isn't "a" market, but rather many markets within markets. We do ourselves a disservice when we try to lump it all into one cesspool. That bidder is almost his/her own market. High grade is a separate market, low grade, etc., etc. .... GOD BLESS .... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Well, Sensation 26 went for almost double what i expected...and I thought I bid too much, lol.

Makes the #41 I won last week look like a bargain.

I can't believe these prices. I'm glad I disabled my bidding button before I totally lost my mind.

Edited by skypinkblu

So for laughs I picked up a pencil and started tracking 7102 when it got to Superboy.  By the time this session ended, another 18 books won and another $235,080 spent.

This was fun and it's useful info to see the level of participation.  It both does make a difference, and it doesn't.  When November hits I'll be ready to see who's spending what.  If HA doesn't mind announcing it, I don't mind tracking it.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:25 PM, Dr. Love said:

It’s fun to think he might be a cornerstone boardie?  Was hoping this guys better looking twin would break $100k. Wasn’t disappointed. Bid briefly on some Detectives and peps but all my auction money is sitting in received at CGC so it was really without much fear of winning anything. 

99134085-D7E4-4556-9042-D81D4730238D.jpeg

On 9/8/2021 at 4:25 PM, Dr. Love said:

So for laughs I picked up a pencil and started tracking 7102 when it got to Superboy.  By the time this session ended, another 18 books won and another $235,080 spent.

This was fun and it's useful info to see the level of participation.  It both does make a difference, and it doesn't.  When November hits I'll be ready to see who's spending what.  If HA doesn't mind announcing it, I don't mind tracking it.

7102 was called a ton. What other bidder numbers did you hear? I remember hearing 7111 a few times.

yeh Brian called 7102 "my hero".  I think he accounted for at least half if not more of the 2.5M Promise.  Lunch is on Halperin when the buyer comes to town!

I only started taking notes late.  Richard, you lost to 7116 who also took the Suspense 6.  7111 took the Super Mystery V5#4 and Suspense 5.  The Suspense 11 winner wasn't winning other books in that run.

The question is:  how many whales and what was the distribution pattern?  One title, one publisher, one grade level?  If someone like 7102 is hoovering everything in his path, from Pride of the Yankees to Pep to Superboy to Torch to Exciting to Suspense to EC to Zago and Zoot, it kinda makes a difference.  If he's willing to go for the 4K books as well as the 72K books, it kinda makes a difference.  

At the end of the day, since most of us aint whales but more minnow-ish, we'll want to see how these sales affect the mid grade market for GA.

Edited by Dr. Love

On 9/8/2021 at 4:48 PM, Dr. Love said:

yeh Brian called 7102 "my hero".  I think he accounted for at least half if not more of the 2.5M Promise.  Lunch is on Halperin when the buyer comes to town!

I only started taking notes late.  Richard, you lost to 7116 who also took the Suspense 6.  7111 took the Super Mystery V5#4 and Suspense 5.  The Suspense 11 winner wasn't winning other books in that run.

The question is:  how many whales and what was the distribution pattern?  One title, one publisher, one grade level?  If someone like 7102 is hoovering everything in his path, from Pride of the Yankees to Pep to Superboy to Torch to Exciting to Suspense to EC to Zago and Zoot, it kinda makes a difference.  If he's willing to go for the 4K books as well as the 72K books, it kinda makes a difference.  

At the end of the day, since most of us aint whales but more minnow-ish, we'll want to see how these sales affect the mid grade market for GA.

Wonder if 7102 will be bidding on non-Promise books tomorrow.