• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,962 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2021 at 5:44 PM, batman_fan said:

Good catch, I didn’t see it but is sure looks like a spine split and I thought CGC hammered spine splits 

I don't think CGC has ever followed Overstreet, but I've seen books that looked NM knocked down to 7.5 for smaller spine splits than that one.

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 8/12/2021 at 7:39 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I don't think CGC has ever followed Overstreet, but I've seen books that looked NM knocked down to 7.5 for smaller sine splits than that one.

And it's doubtful that a rising tide of new grade-think will lift all books.  

Edited by Cat-Man_America

Does Heritage pull lots after teeing them up in Auction previews?  I had saved tracking a few books for the feature auction in October, and now they say invalid lots.  I’m not sure what the explanation could be. 

On 8/20/2021 at 7:08 AM, eschnit said:

Does Heritage pull lots after teeing them up in Auction previews?  I had saved tracking a few books for the feature auction in October, and now they say invalid lots.  I’m not sure what the explanation could be. 

Yes, they can do that.  

On 8/19/2021 at 6:18 PM, tth2 said:

Yes, they can do that.  

It’s a Promise book, so I’d be curious why they’d pull it? 😯  It’s also a strong enough book to where it belongs in the next Signature auction.  Wouldn’t make sense to delay it or put it in a different auction.  

Edited by eschnit

On 8/19/2021 at 6:38 PM, RareHighGrade said:

The HA auction is up and running.  Those MH Peps . . . time to contact my loan officer.  :x

It's free to be the under-bidder.

On 8/20/2021 at 7:38 AM, RareHighGrade said:

The HA auction is up and running.  Those MH Peps . . . time to contact my loan officer.  :x

If the first time you failed, try, try again.

On 8/19/2021 at 10:40 PM, sagii said:

This auction in INSANE!!

It will be the defining auction for (hero) MLJ's and will put them in the stratosphere (in all grades)  like Fox before them going forward i believe

I'm glad I consigned all of those Pinnacle Hill MLJ books to their Signature auction! ;-)

On 8/19/2021 at 5:08 PM, eschnit said:

They moved several lots from the current auction to another one.  They also had a bunch of Promise Batman’s listed in the next auction that have already disappeared for some reason.