• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,955 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2021 at 6:27 PM, tth2 said:

More.  AF 15s follow different rules of economics.  The more 9.6 copies appear, and the more often they come up for sale, the more their price goes up! 

It is known.

This!

On 9/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, MrBedrock said:

Someone explain this to me -

Golden Age Flash #2 9.2 off-white - 1 9.2 and 1 higher - $32,400

Showcase #13 (4th SA Flash app.) - 9.2 single highest - $38,400

Should there be any distinction between GA and SA any longer? Maybe now they are all just old comics.

Richard, going into the live bidding session that Showcase 13 was at $7,750. I was going to throw a significant bid at it, but before I could reach to click to bid, it was already in the mid-$20,000+ range! I was out!

It was from that Mike Goldman "newsboy" collection from the 1990s. Highest graded copy at 9.2.

What's interesting is the Showcase 8 from that collection sold in the previous Heritage auction for $31,200 (9.2 also, although it was probably not a true 9.2 when it was graded over a decade ago (creasing on the cover, more 8.5 or even 8.0)

Wilson probably consigned these. Wonder how he likes Heritage now? ("WATA" times we live in currently!)

On 9/10/2021 at 5:30 AM, nearmint said:

I'm  sitting tight on my golden age for the time being.  I'd have no idea how to price books these days.  

That's the beauty of auctions.  You let the market set the price for you!

On 9/9/2021 at 6:34 PM, DanCooper said:

Wilson probably consigned these. Wonder how he likes Heritage now? ("WATA" times we live in currently!)

Wilson didn't consign them. He purchased that Newsboy run for a European client of his. That collector has been divesting his DC collection over the last couple of years. He was bummed with the outcome of the 8 but much happier with today's outcome for sure. Overall he has mixed feeling about how silver age DC is doing through Heritage, but he mostly blames the fact that the Promise collection has pretty much overshadowed anything else that has come to market.

On 9/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, MrBedrock said:

Wilson didn't consign them. He purchased that Newsboy run for a European client of his. That collector has been divesting his DC collection over the last couple of years. He was bummed with the outcome of the 8 but much happier with today's outcome for sure. Overall he has mixed feeling about how silver age DC is doing through Heritage, but he mostly blames the fact that the Promise collection has pretty much overshadowed anything else that has come to market.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of gamblers, ...the overshadow knows!  :insane:

PSAcS-FQ_zpsakkb14ek.jpg.44c4476f0c66094ce83f19e11cb9cd3e.jpg

:tink:

On 9/10/2021 at 7:38 AM, MrBedrock said:

Relatively speaking, SA DC has not been the place to be in recent years.

On 9/9/2021 at 7:43 PM, tth2 said:

Wilson never really owned them.

Does anyone know if the Showcase 4 (9.6) from that same collection sold (privately?) in the last few years?

I remember seeing it somewhere (CLINK?) for $995,000 but it disappeared quickly after listed

On 9/9/2021 at 6:47 PM, DanCooper said:

Does anyone know if the Showcase 4 (9.6) from that same collection sold (privately?) in the last few years?

I remember seeing it somewhere (CLINK?) for $995,000 but it disappeared quickly after listed

It has not. Same guy still owns it.

On 9/10/2021 at 4:57 AM, Dr. Love said:

so 7102 pretty much swept the board on the MH Peps for about 707K

Interestingly, there were a number of Peps that the consignor only broke even on and even lost money on, particularly when Heritage's cut is factored in (even assuming that a very sweet deal was negotiated with Heritage).  But that's probably more the result of the consignor having paid such astronomic prices back in 2016 than prices being weak this time.

Still, he probably came out ahead overall thanks to a big jump in the price of #20.

He also got a decent increase for #7, which is the real gem of this Pep run, in my opinion.

On 9/10/2021 at 7:48 AM, MrBedrock said:
On 9/10/2021 at 7:47 AM, DanCooper said:

It has not. Same guy still owns it.

But not for lack of trying.  It was being actively shopped around a year or so ago, along with the 9.6 B&B 28 (formerly my 9.4 copy).

On 9/9/2021 at 6:47 PM, DanCooper said:

Forgot about that one !

On 9/9/2021 at 2:44 PM, Dark Knight said:

Yeah pretty crazy price for it.  It seems like a kid took his/her colored marker and just filled in all the white spots with blue, red, etc lol.  I feel like there may be some misinformed bidders out there with regards to restoration and what the letters and numbers mean.  I can maybe understand if the restoration was done professionally (A), but a C!?  crazy times

Xerox piece color touched. Marvel 1s can’t be matched for colors because of the wide chromatic range of colors used. After all, It’s the greatest comic book ever published :x

On 9/9/2021 at 2:56 PM, Point Five said:

I mean, I expect to see ridiculous prices at the 9.x level as those books are just freaks of nature and will always have rich collectors duking it out. But five-figure sales for a 3.0 and a 6.0 is wild. Whew.

Pep 20 made a big jump recently and Zip 22 is way tougher, so I was curious to see where this would end up.  When was the last time one came up for sale?