• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,888 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2022 at 1:36 AM, lou_fine said:

Speaking about books that looks nicer than their assigned grade, the front and back cover scans for this Larson copy would make it seem to appear a lot nicer that its assigned CGC 6.5 grade.  hm

Especially since I took a quick look at the original Larson List and it has this 'Tec 36 listed as a NM copy, although it does note a dark stain at the bottom of the spine throughout the interior of the book.  I imagine this must have been what knocked it down to the 6.5 grade range, and just wondering if this would also synch up with the CGC Graders' Notes for this Larson 'Tec 36.  (shrug)

Detective 37 , Not much wrong with it in my humble opinion. 

Bottom Spine Tape
Bottom Staple Front Cover Detached
Spine Multiple Spine Split
Top Spine Tape

Larson Detective 36 has no graders notes available.

Detective 36 2.5 R . 

multiple crease right bottom of front cover breaks color
multiple readers crease left center of front cover breaks color
small amount of color touch on cover
tape cover
tape interior
tape interior cover

On 4/5/2022 at 11:32 PM, Professor K said:
On 4/5/2022 at 10:36 PM, lou_fine said:

Especially since I took a quick look at the original Larson List and it has this 'Tec 36 listed as a NM copy, although it does note a dark stain at the bottom of the spine throughout the interior of the book.  I imagine this must have been what knocked it down to the 6.5 grade range, and just wondering if this would also synch up with the CGC Graders' Notes for this Larson 'Tec 36.  (shrug)

Larson Detective 36 has no graders notes available.

Well, that's definitely interesting and NOT so insightful since the cover scans certainly makes it appear to be much nicer than CGC's 6.5 grade. :frustrated:

On 4/6/2022 at 2:39 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, that's definitely interesting and NOT so insightful since the cover scans certainly makes it appear to be much nicer than CGC's 6.5 grade. :frustrated:

yeah, it only says the same as what's on the cgc label. The restoration. 

On 4/5/2022 at 5:03 PM, Professor K said:
On 4/5/2022 at 3:52 PM, szav said:

Wow that FF4 #1 9.2 at a million.  Can’t even say that it’s someone going nuts for the highest graded.

Yeah. An X-Men 1 9.2 just sold yesterday for 276,000. About 300,000 after taxes. Shows how much more respect FF #1 garners. But FF 1 only has 8 - 9.2 or higher and XM 1 has 40.

Not sure why you are comparing it to a piddly X-Men 1 when it's all said and done, this 9.2 copy of FF 1 might even beat what an equivalent graded 9.2 copy of AF 15 might sell for.  :whatthe:

If so, this would indeed confirm what Stan would later put on the top of every FF book, namely "The World's Greatest Comic Magazine".  (thumbsu

On 4/5/2022 at 11:50 PM, tth2 said:

Why doesn't arex want to get a maximum price for his book?

Not sure what you mean Tim. I meant to set the listing to an auction but didn’t change the setting. So I took the listing down and will send it to auction this evening 

it’s a consigned book so I’m following the instructions of the owner. If it doesn’t sell through ebay then I will speak with the consignor and see what the next steps are. 

:hi: 

Arex

On 4/5/2022 at 6:52 PM, szav said:

Wow that FF4 #1 9.2 at a million.  Can’t even say that it’s "a narcissist" going nuts for the highest graded.

fixed

On 4/6/2022 at 7:10 PM, arexcrooke said:

Not sure what you mean Tim. I meant to set the listing to an auction but didn’t change the setting. So I took the listing down and will send it to auction this evening 

it’s a consigned book so I’m following the instructions of the owner. If it doesn’t sell through ebay then I will speak with the consignor and see what the next steps are. 

:hi: 

Arex

Hi Arex! :hi:

I just meant selling such a major GA book on eBay--which seems to be such a backwater now--instead of one of the Big 3 auction houses.

But if this is not your book and you're not calling the shots, then never mind. :foryou:

On 4/6/2022 at 7:12 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

9.4 Cap 1 just hit $2 Mil

:ohnoez:

So we must now start asking the obvious question. Shall we see a 3 million dollar sale? And, wonder what the 9.8 would go for 🤯

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 4/6/2022 at 2:58 PM, Mmehdy said:

For many many years as long as I have been on the board I have advised board members that this was by far the best GA buy out there for the price, Cap #1 now over 2 M......and still I believe this has room to grow...I also feel that Cap 3 is going to get the next big bump...watch out for that book too.

Hey now! C'mon Mitch, don't count out Joe Simon's fabulous 2nd issue cover featuring Cap with his signature round frisbee-shield, a rematch with der Fuhrer and Bucky on the ropes in the first of his many bondage covers! :baiting:... lol

On 4/6/2022 at 12:58 PM, Mmehdy said:

I also feel that Cap 3 is going to get the next big bump...watch out for that book too.

I think it's a pretty well know fact, at least with most boardies here, that Cap 3 is easily the second most valuable Cap book out there in the Timely stable and has been that way for several years now.  (thumbsu

Maybe somebody should get around to telling old slow Bob that he really needs to update his guide valuations for this fact, as he's totally out of touch on this. :facepalm: