• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Auction lots ending today (for most of the featured items)  :popcorn:

The Tec 29 and 38 have been lively. And I love the Court copy of Action 7, but holy moly, the price! Bat 1 continues to make mincemeat out of AA16, and the 2.0 Cap 1 looks like it still has legs

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure what you mean by your comment here.  ???

Thank God I just picked up a copy of the new price guide.........let me go check it out and I am sure I'll be able to figure out what you meant.  lol

Must be showing my age. It was a saying in Ohio in the 60’s, meaning something is getting badly beaten. I haven’t used that expression in 30 years and have no idea why now. I’ll put it down to shock re: 50th OPG golden age ranking  :insane:

On 8/28/2020 at 8:56 AM, Chicago Boy said:

I doubt it. Goes against everything anyone here would be interested in I would guess. Surprised to see it for sale. 

I thought people here love buying single pages from key books. You've got Superman #1, Batman #1, Cap #1, All American #16, Tec #38, Adventure #40, More Fun #52 and 53, etc..etc

This is a dream for the page collector.

One form of slab is as good as another.

15 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

I thought people here love buying single pages from key books. You've got Superman #1, Batman #1, Cap #1, All American #16, Tec #38, Adventure #40, More Fun #52 and 53, etc..etc

This is a dream for the page collector.

One form of slab is as good as another.

I only collect graded staples from key books

21 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

And here's the obligatory:

As Overstreet recently predicted/noted: AA #16 stays ahead of Bat #1, and Cap #1 is still only worth half as much as Bat #1.

I don’t think that’s right. The 2.0 Cap 1 final hammer, with BP, was $90k. The 2.5 Bat 1 was $102k. The 3.5 AA 16 was $72k

(sorry, @Crowzilla. I totally missed the joke when I posted the above “correction”. My bad)

6 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I don’t think that’s right. The 2.0 Cap 1 final hammer, with BP, was $90k. The 2.5 Bat 1 was $102k. The 3.5 AA 16 was $72k

You need to put your funny cap on this morning as you seem to be missing the ongoing scarasm from both Sean and myself with respect to the relative Overstreet prices on books such as Bat 1, Cap 1, and AA 16.  :gossip:

Just now, lou_fine said:

You need to put your funny cap on this morning as you seem to be missing the ongoing scarasm from both Sean and myself with respect to the relative Overstreet prices on books such as Bat 1, Cap 1, and AA 16.  :gossip:

Oh, my apologies. I see it now. Actually, that WAS funny

8 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I bought that aa16 raw from a friend in 2009...he graded it a 2.5 due to silver fish damage...I remember when we sent to cgc and it got a 3.5 I paid him another 5K after the fact... traded it to Verzyl at nycc 2010 for those Mile High Zips I had...ah, to go back in time...

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Please don't let Tec 38 come anywhere close to Tec 29 or we'll be hearing from @Chicago Boy for a month ! lol

Well, at least the 'Tec 38 is from one of the long recognized and estsblished GA pedigrees in terms of the Larson while the earlier and harder to find 'Tec 29 is not.  hm

Looks like somebody must have made a lot of money on the Larson 'Tec at $86,400 as it first sold for $11,500 back in 2002 and then resold for $16,100 in 2005.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

6 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

Action 7 did okay, not a heck of a lot above when it sold on CC a few years ago.  Book just too expensive now?

Maybe. I thought about that. But I think it will always have a special wild card value due to it being used as an exhibit in the lawsuit between dc and fawcett