• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Very strong prices.  Personally, I view 38 as the day things started going sideways, but I know I'm a lone wolf crying in the wilderness

Not a big Robin fan I suppose? Can't blame you really. Personally I like him better than Bucky but not as much as Speedy. Speedy, now that's a sidekick there.

Real nice books this week in Heritage. I'm watching many. Was hoping for a shot at this More Fun 67 4.0 , but my dreams were shattered after it topped 2,500. 

It went for double than the last 4.0 in 2015. 3,600.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/more-fun-comics-67-davis-crippen-d-copy-pedigree-dc-1941-cgc-vg-40-off-white-pages/a/7234-92062.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

lf.jpg

Edited by Professor Chaos

42 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Not a big Robin fan I suppose? Can't blame you really. Personally I like him better than Bucky but not as much as Speedy. Speedy, now that's a sidekick there.

Real nice books this week in Heritage. I'm watching many. Was hoping for a shot at this More Fun 67 4.0 , but my dreams were shattered after it topped 2,500. 

It went for double than the last 4.0 in 2015. 3,600.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/more-fun-comics-67-davis-crippen-d-copy-pedigree-dc-1941-cgc-vg-40-off-white-pages/a/7234-92062.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

lf.jpg

I was going after that as well.  Did pick up the MF 65for more than I was hoping.

Edited by GoldenAgeAddict
Typo

40 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

I was surprised that the 8.5 Larson Mystery Men #5 went for only $7,800.  In light of the prices other pedigree Foxes have been reaching, I thought it would go for more.

I was surprised, too. This is the first auction I've watched in a while, prices seemed to be very high except for a few books and that was one of them.

2 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

I was surprised that the 8.5 Larson Mystery Men #5 went for only $7,800.  In light of the prices other pedigree Foxes have been reaching, I thought it would go for more.

I was also surprised, though the (90%) erased signature and the wear along the spine might have put people off.

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I missed out on the More Fun 65 :cry:

Curse having to work during a Heritage auction

I agree.  It's tough to follow the auction when you are trying to work.  And I have to work to buy comic books.  Rock and a hard place.

4 hours ago, GoldenAgeAddict said:

I was going after that as well.  Did pick up the MF 65for more than I was hoping.

Oh you got that 65? Thats great! Looks like a pretty healthy 6.5. Lots of competition for those More Fun Spectres. 

I'd like to find a # 60 in which the bidding doesn't get all Crazy Eddie like it did so many times today.

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I missed out on the More Fun 65 :cry:

Curse having to work during a Heritage auction

I can't see any reason how Heritage would benefit from the daytime auctions, but I'm sure they know what theyre doing. I least I think I'm sure.

4 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

prices seemed to be very high

I would most definitely agree with you here.  (thumbsu

Since nobody else bothered to mention this one here, am I the only one that's shock this book  sold for $40,800:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/thrilling-comics-41-mile-high-pedigree-better-publications-1944-cgc-nm-92-white-pages/a/7234-92085.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Thrilling Comics #41 Mile High Pedigree (Better Publications, 1944) CGC NM- 9.2 White pages....

Sure, it's a Church copy of a classic Hitler cover, but $40,800 is still an awful lot of moolah to be spending on a non-key book.  (shrug)

46 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Since nobody else bothered to mention this one here, am I the only one that's shock this book  sold for $40,800:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/thrilling-comics-41-mile-high-pedigree-better-publications-1944-cgc-nm-92-white-pages/a/7234-92085.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Thrilling Comics #41 Mile High Pedigree (Better Publications, 1944) CGC NM- 9.2 White pages....

Sure, it's a Church copy of a classic Hitler cover, but $40,800 is still an awful lot of moolah to be spending on a non-key book.  (shrug)

Aren’t some guys crazy over bondage covers? Isn’t that a classic cover with skulls and crossbones and Hitler with no pants too?

Edited by jpepx78

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Yep, my 1,346.00 bid didn't win it.

35 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

And let’s not forget it’s the Commando Cubs we are talking about here . . . 

Talking about Commandos, I though Boy Commandos had been pretty much of a dead S&K title, but this copy here did quite well finishing up at $9,600:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/war/boy-commandos-2-mile-high-pedigree-dc-1943-cgc-nm-94-white-pages/a/7234-92031.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

Golden Age (1938-1955):War, Boy Commandos #2 Mile High Pedigree (DC, 1943) CGC NM 9.4 White pages....

Once again, another highest graded (or tied for) Church Hitler cover, but then again, it's a Boy Commandos book.  :applause:

So, if this current comic book marketplace is so red hot as evident by some of these prices which we have been seeing lately, maybe even the long dead Fawcetts might be resuscitated and be able to come out of their multi decades long coma.  :wishluck:

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Talking about Commandos, I though Boy Commandos had been pretty much of a dead S&K title, but this copy here did quite well finishing up at $9,600:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/war/boy-commandos-2-mile-high-pedigree-dc-1943-cgc-nm-94-white-pages/a/7234-92031.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

Golden Age (1938-1955):War, Boy Commandos #2 Mile High Pedigree (DC, 1943) CGC NM 9.4 White pages....

Once again, another highest graded (or tied for) Church Hitler cover, but then again, it's a Boy Commandos book.  :applause:

So, if this current comic book marketplace is so red hot as evident by some of these prices which we have been seeing lately, maybe even the long dead Fawcetts might be resuscitated and be able to come out of their multi decades long coma.  :wishluck:

Congratulations to the consignor.  Looks like he did very well with these high grade Hitler covers.

Church copies = HOT!  Hitler covers = HOT!

Church copies + Hitler covers = SURFACE OF THE SUN!

20 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Does anybody every hold onto their books anymore, or is it only collectors/dealers like Pat with his now officially and newest CGC recognized Chinatown pedigree which he has held onto for more than 2 decades and still counting.  :cloud9:  :takeit: :taptaptap:

Amazingly, in a few more years I'll have some slabbed books that I'll have owned for a couple of decades. 

Where does the time go?

2 hours ago, nearmint said:

Not a golden Age book, but I was impressed by the Western Penn Brave & the Bold #54 CGC 9.6 selling for $21,600, doubling the hammer price on the Don & Maggie copy three years ago. 

That was nuts.