• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a “ top “ INDIVIDUAL grader in the hobby ?

42 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

The person whose opinion I regard the highest is Bob Storms.

This is very professional of you, Richard, as your grading has never disappointed me either. Bob is very accurate …. I think he was top of the heap in Cheetah's study from several years ago. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Everything so far I’ve had slabbed from Bedrock was within a half point. Harley Yee is usually the same but I got a few from him that CGC put a bit higher (8.5’s getting a 9.2 for example). 

Can we talk about those out there with more mixed results?

Edited by N e r V

7 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

This is very professional of you, Richard, as your grading has never disappointed me either. Bob is very accurate …. I think he was top of the heap in Cheetah's study from several years ago. GOD BLESS....

I got two 6.5’s from you that came back 8.5. 

Im very disappointed in your grading...:baiting:

Just now, N e r V said:

I got two 6.5’s from you that came back 8.5. 

Im very disappointed in your grading...:baiting:

I appreciate the props, but I'm not even in the same league with Bob and Rich …. those two have probably graded more comics in a good week than I have in my entire life. GOD BLESS....

5 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Jim Payette has NEVER let me down...

I've bought from him for years..... and his site has no pictures of the books ….. that's how confident I am with HIS grading. GOD BLESS....

My buying has slowed over the past year or two and I try to buy slabbed but some that come to mind for me are a few that have mentioned above - Payette has been been good for me, there a few Ebay sellers that I like, and some boardies that I respect for their grading are: (Again, I am sure there are many others and I may leave some out but these stand out as I have bought or had books assessed with enough sample size to make a good enough judgement)

@MrBedrock - I took a friend to a con in Dallas years ago who wasn't a comic collector but a MOTU collector and he wanted a DC Presents 48.  I took him to Richard's booth.  Richard pulled out a raw copy and told him it would be a 9.6 - he hit right on.  Kind of cool for my friend when he got it back and raw price was a steal.  But I also have many similar experiences - never glaring way-offs.

@joeypost - when I first started using Joey years ago, he had time and offered a probable grade with pressing.  On target over and over.

@RockMyAmadeus - RMA assessed books for me in the past and gave a detailed assessment and probable grade.  Again, on target.

@gregreece - Greg and his boys don't post here much anymore but I have bought raw from Greg and always pleased with the outcome.

@cheetah - Jeff unfortunately got of the hobby but I bought a lot of books from over the years and his grading was excellent.

Another I would mention is Matt Nelson - when he had Classics, Inc. - I used him and his grading was really excellent.

1 hour ago, bronze johnny said:

Simply put, Bob Storms is the best grader I've ever experienced. A sweet guy too!

I have not bought a lot from Bob only because he doesn’t have a lot of what I want. But when I have, I have ALWAYS been very happy with his grades.

Now, calling him “sweet”? That might be pushing it...:roflmao: Always smiling and very friendly to me. The hobby needs more dealers like him.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I might add in Adam Anderson. Blizzard on the bay. I’ve bought tons of his books and am always very pleased. Some times I disagree though. These are on books I think he UNDER grades...

He's  here too - Action252Kid and yes he is good.  Wish he would some of sales through here but I follow his Ebay listings.

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I have not bought a lot from Bob only because he doesn’t have a lot of what I want. But when I have, I have ALWAYS been very happy with his grades.

Now, calling him “sweet”? That might be pushing it...:roflmao: Always smiling and very friendly to me. The hobby needs more dealers like him.

Not pushing it. The Bob I know is a sweet❤️.

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I usually only disagree with Bedrock on baseball not comic grades. And it’s always a “respectable” disagreement...:devil:

4558A516-391B-4587-81AB-B5227D3F9E3E.jpeg

Respectfully, Y'all need to beat the Red Sox.

8 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Respectfully, Y'all need to beat the Red Sox.

Done.