• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL - Should GEEzusWalks be removed from the Probation List over the objection of the nominator, Columbia Comics?
4 4

Should GEEzusWalks be removed from the Probation List over the objection of the nominator, Columbia Comics?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should GEEzusWalks be removed from the Probation List over the objection of the nominator, Columbia Comics?

• Yes: I support removing GEEzusWalks from the Probation List.
    • No: I oppose removing GEEzusWalks from the Probation List.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/23/2019 at 03:00 AM

208 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Fair question.  I looked back and found a message from a year ago where he bought a slab from me.  The message was concise but I guess I may have been reading into his responses a bit.  He kept signing him message via his family and for some reason I got the impression his message were so brief since there was a language issue.  I can’t find any specific message where he says English is his second language. 

I keep hearing that language may be an issue.  While English may not be his first language he clearly writes English well enough to understand what’s going on

This is a steaming pile of .... which the seller has without a doubt brought upon themselves through inaction and apparent disinterest (at the very least) and for this reason alone I would and will not lose sleep over them staying on the PL list.

That being said I voted for removal given I'm not comfortable with the precedent of a seller being on the PL after issuing a prompt and full refund. While there are suspicious circumstances (plenty) there is no concrete evidence of egregious behaviour, if there was I think the discussion would be tending towards HOS inclusion, would it not? And just to be clear, backing out of a deal because of a better offer after the fact is what we are potentially talking about here, no?

I have no easy solutions but I guess it should be left to the seller in this case to find a way off the PL if they are so inclined.

Dinner was delish... going to post it on the ol' Instagram since I was told a couple of days ago that I should permanently resign myself to a Tiki bar / hut. 

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:
3 hours ago, kav said:

Ps saying "I deleted the pics to clear up space on my computer" is like saying "I removed a hair from my carpet to make more space in my living room".

Keep in mind he later stated he deleted the pics for registry reasons.  

I believe, if I remember correctly from what I had read, that the reason he didn't have them on his computer was to free space and the reason for deleting them from the forum was for registry reasons.
I just wanted to help clarify that it wasn't really a changing excuse, more so a differing "reason" for each instance. (shrug)

I don't understand why someone would delete pics from there personal computer so quickly after a failed transaction, especially regarding such a high value item. 
I'm pretty certain we all know why, but I cannot be 100% certain it wasn't some strange OCD type thing, or odd filing technique. Most definitely a lack of forethought.

I really do not think that language is an issue and I really wish @GEEzusWalks would chime in and be a more active part of this conversation. It would do a lot for the boards and any changes that might be needed to the rules governing the PL if there ever does come a time when, for whatever reason, a seller/buyer cannot be made whole.

I find myself asking What Would GEEzus do?

I didn’t vote but I just do not thinks this meets the dooshbaggery threshold of PL nomination. It is a dooshbag move for sure but CC received his cash back, he didn’t lose anything except the potential profit too be had. 

I would suggest a “deal with at your own risk” subsection that list the circumstances of the offence and if anybody wants too role the dice with the seller then no crying in baseball.  

Edited by topofthetotem

15 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

I find myself asking What Would GEEzus do?

I didn’t vote but I just do not thinks this meets the dooshbaggery threshold of PL nomination. It is a dooshbag move for sure but CC received his cash back, he didn’t lose anything except the potential profit too be had. 

I would suggest a “deal with at your own risk” subsection that list the circumstances of the offence and if anybody wants too role the dice with the seller then no crying in baseball.  

Yeezy says that Jesus would walk. 

17 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yeezy says that Jesus would walk. 

Never been a sinner, I never sinned-I GOT A FRIEND IN JESUS.

Just now, topofthetotem said:

Now, that’s music!

lol -  I deleted it as I wanted to write a comment in it and could not find a way to insert the words without screwing up the whole post. 

Outside of, "Hurt" and "Ain't No Grave" I truly believe that this was one of Cash's greatest later career songs.  All three songs are some of the most haunting things that he did toward the end of his career. 

For reference... 

Also shows how amazing Rick Rubin is as a producer... What Rubin does on the American series of Cash albums is unparalleled.  He has assisted in some of the greatest music from Johnny Cash to the Beastie Boys. 

Ain't No Grave 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Outside of, "Hurt" and "Ain't No Grave" I truly believe that this was one of Cash's greatest later career songs.  All three songs are some of the most haunting things that he did toward the end of his career. 

As an avid round-kicker I'm partial to the one where the guy kicked like a mule and bit like a crocodile.

Just now, Buzzetta said:

lol -  I deleted it as I wanted to write a comment in it and could not find a way to insert the words without screwing up the whole post. 

His cover of sting’s I hung my head is another I would add to that list, come to think of it the whole American recordings IV is great. 

1 minute ago, topofthetotem said:

His cover of sting’s I hung my head is another I would add to that list, come to think of it the whole American recordings IV is great. 

Good call, I forgot about that one.  I have the whole series on my computer and am listening to that now.  Also shows how great Sting is.  I like his version of that as well. 

I Hung My Head (Cash version) seems like a natural relation to "Don't Bring Your Guns to Town."

lol - Just because I love my jam bands like Phish doesn't mean I don't listen to and love a lot of other stuff. 

15 hours ago, topofthetotem said:

Cash' cover of NIN's Hurt is by far my favorite cover done.  So much truth in it.