• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,136 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2023 at 7:33 PM, Axelrod said:

Eh.  It's the kind of thing where they really could do a female herald.  There have been plenty over they years.  It's just that - unless there's a compelling reason - why do it?   And "we want to be more diverse and have more important female roles in this movie" just doesn't really cut it as a compelling reason.

Why not actually use an established female herald and build her up the way they built up Tony Stark from a B or a C character into an A list property?

On 11/21/2023 at 9:04 PM, Mr Sneeze said:

That a man showing emotion cold be seen as effeminate is about the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever heard. 

You completely missed the point. As I said, in the Silver Age it was an uncommon portrayal for male superheroes and it would have served the perfect opportunity to bring it into the mainstream without having to change anything. 

I am actually often effeminate in person. My 2nd wife used to say it all the time about me. :wink:

Nice try on the gotcha, though. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/26/2023 at 9:23 PM, squidmo2000 said:

what is so hard about doing an FF #48-50 story?it would make tons of dough...:drool:

That would be an "event" to build up to probably. 

On 11/26/2023 at 5:17 PM, marvelcollector said:

They never fail to fail.

In the words of William Hurt in A History of Violence;

How do you F that up????

Was so excited about this project until now, next thing you know they will make Dr. Doom a woman too. Marvel has become the house of BAD ideas. I’m still trying to shake the disappointment of how the Sub-Mariner was casted, what a let down. 

Edited by Silver Surfer

On 11/26/2023 at 11:19 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'm hoping that the Surfer will still be Norrin Radd and that Anya Taylor-Joy's role will be as Frankie Raye (she is a redhead), who will save the Earth by agreeing to become Galactus' new herald, Nova! I am guessing the script writers will pass on including the ultimate nullifier, the original deus ex machina.

Edited by Black_Adam

Actually I really enjoyed the Rise of The Silver Surfer because the Surfer action scenes were awesome. Putting in Frankie Raye makes sense as I can see them doing the storyline from issues 242-244. However, if they make her the Surfer then I think it spoils numerous potential storylines down the road (maybe a Thor battle ala SS#4 for example). The thought of this is so disheartening because it will be an almost 20 year gap since the last FF movie was released. So far they ruined the Taskmaster, Zeus, Warlock, Sub-Mariner, Etc but this would take the cake. 

When Marvel bought Fox I was SO happy. I thought, "Finally...the Fantastic Four will be done RIGHT."

After everything that's happened since Endgame, I know they're going to eff it up. Royally.

It's a shame. The FF have been my absolute favorite since I started reading comics, 46 years ago.

Fiege needs to hire Hickman or Byrne or BOTH.