• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 San Diego Comic-Con Report #5 - Life, Death, and the Comic-Con

63 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:
4 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Bettie Pages

Wait, what?  Is that the newest discount code? :ohnoez:

Once he's met the FlyingDognut, it will be "GimmeMoHedgehog"

Edited by lizards2

7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

It sounds like he's into whatever moves...., and maybe some things that don't move at all. 

What's that old joke?  "Don't make no difference."

Poor ol' Chuck. His/her best days are behind him/her. 

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I see what you did there :baiting: 

52 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

So, Chuck's into dudes now....?

hm

Your gender identity has nothing to do with your sexual preference.  You can be CIS-gendered and queer or gender fluid and straight.  

26 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I used to scoff at the idea of the younger generation starting the trend of asking for people's preferred pronouns.  I don't scoff anymore.  

9 minutes ago, Transplant said:
1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

hm

Your gender identity has nothing to do with your sexual preference.  You can be CIS-gendered and queer or gender fluid and straight.  

Pay attention, Tranny:

Someone who no longer fits into any rational or easily definable gender, or expression of sexuality. 

That second phrase specifically refers to who he/she wants to fool around with. So, unless Chuck misspoke...and I doubt he/she did...he/she's referring both to his/her gender identity AND his/her sexual preferences.

:baiting:

Don't get all social-justicey without cause, now....

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
11 minutes ago, Transplant said:

hm

Pay attention, Tranny:

Someone who no longer fits into any rational or easily definable gender, or expression of sexuality. 

That second phrase specifically refers to who he/she wants to fool around with. So, unless Chuck misspoke...and I doubt he did...he's referring both to his gender identity AND his sexual preferences.

:baiting:

Don't get all social-justicey without cause, now....

Except that you forgot that being A-sexual is a sexual orientation as well.  I restate, gender identity is not tied to your sexual orientation.  Your earlier statement implies that Chuck prefers men because he may consider himself gender fluid or trans-gendered.  At the risk of pulling a muscle here, I will refrain from further comment.  Probably.

meh

Here's the original post:

5 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

hm

I'm not going to argue with you about what is plainly stated here. No one was talking about gender identity. Gender identity has nothing to do with this specific point. It was a casual little "ha ha" that referred specifically...hence, you know...the BOLD PART...to the second half of that statement.

Lawyers.

lol

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

Just now, FlyingDonut said:

I don't know. He says he's "gender-fluid", whatever that means these days.

Gender-fluid just means that you don't identify as binary, that you can feel male one day, female the next, and something in between the next. As Tranny pointed out, gender identity and sexuality don't actually have anything to do with each other. The first is how you perceive yourself...the second is who/what you're attracted to.

2 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I think we can all agree that kids shouldn't get beaten up.

No, nobody should be getting beaten up.

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Gender-fluid just means that you don't identify as binary, that you can feel male one day, female the next, and something in between the next. As Tranny pointed out, gender identity and sexuality don't actually have anything to do with each other. The first is how you perceive yourself...the second is who/what you're attracted to.

Hence my "I don't know" response to your question if Chuck's into dudes now.(thumbsu

Edited by FlyingDonut

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You could find out... :D

I'm not into dudes, so that would cause an issue. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

42 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Why are some of you so hung up on Chuck? Is he just the resident punching bag? Calling these criticisms unbecoming is too kind.

I know for me it is because I'm in :luhv: 

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I know for me it is because I'm in :luhv: 

Me too. :cloud9:

I love Chuck. He rescued the greatest collection of Golden Age comics ever found.

I held a couple of Mile Highs in my hands at SDCC. Every single time I do that, I am INSTANTLY transported back to 1977, and Chuck hauling THIS ACTUAL COMIC out of Edgar's house, saving them from certain destruction at the hand's of Edgar's heirs. It's absolutely magical.