• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA: Storage Units and Comics (DON'T DO IT)
2 2

126 posts in this topic

I also wouldn't do it because it is too easy to get complacent about the monthly charges, which add up and really add to the cost of your purchases, especially if you are on auto pay. If you're running a business maybe you can deduct it, but after I had paid for a storage unit for 2 or 3 years I realized I had spent well over $3000 on this darn thing that I'm never going to be able to deduct, basically turning a lot of those dollar box books I was storing there into $2 box books. If your collection is too big for where you live then maybe it is time to trim the collection or get a bigger home. I got a bigger home :highfive:

Edited by the blob

On 4/15/2024 at 9:07 AM, the blob said:

I also wouldn't do it because it is too easy to get complacent about the monthly charges, which add up and really add to the cost of your purchases, especially if you are on auto pay. If you're running a business maybe you can deduct it, but after I had paid for a storage unit for 2 or 3 years I realized I had spent well over $3000 on this darn thing that I'm never going to be able to deduct, basically turning a lot of those dollar box books I was storing there into $2 box books. If your collection is too big for where you live then maybe it is time to trim the collection or get a bigger home. I got a bigger home :highfive:

My wife is finally complaining. One of the five bedrooms has way too many boxes now...damn. I do have a storage but freaked out about moving more to the storage though I have not had any problems with the storage for more than a decade... 

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 4/20/2024 at 3:50 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

My wife is finally complaining. One of the five bedrooms has way too many boxes now...damn. I do have a storage but freaked out about moving more to the storage though I have not had any problems with the storage for more than a decade... 

Hit the purge button, dude. If your collection is so big that you gotta put some of it in storage, I would suggest you consider down-sizing.

On 4/20/2024 at 7:17 AM, Dave2739 said:

Hit the purge button, dude. If your collection is so big that you gotta put some of it in storage, I would suggest you consider down-sizing.

Now why the heck would I want to do that!xD

Ain't happenin'....(tsk)