• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone bought from Beatlebluecat on eBay?
2 2

60 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

The reason why these sellers deal in raw.

By the time you get the book, they have a 50/50 shot of you dropping it into your collection and never questioning the grade or if it was restored.

Or, by the time it gets graded and back in your possession, it may be to late to file a claim.

There are also some collectors that are against slabbing and they can sometimes still have very very nice books

Overall you just need to be more careful. Catching a listing ten minutes before it ends is a roll of the dice with raw books it's worth your time to survey the landscape if you're buying something expensive or a big key

23 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

it may be to late to file a claim.

With a 6 month window of return it may be too late? I've never heard of CGC, or any other grading service for that matter, being that jammed up where 6 months is inadequate a time frame to win, pay for, receive, then pack submit, and await the grade, in any service tier.  hm

5 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

With a 6 month window of return it may be too late? I've never heard of CGC, or any other grading service for that matter, being that jammed up where 6 months is inadequate a time frame to win, pay for, receive, then pack submit, and await the grade, in any service tier.  hm

Sorry I thought it was 6 weeks, I re-read it doh!

5 hours ago, JustinL said:

I bought a bunch of books from beatlebluecat over the summer. I never had any issues. One book did have a tear on the back. I notified the seller and was promptly refunded. I bought an ASM 135 advertised as 9.2. I got it pressed, sent it to CGC and got a 9.2. I also bought an ASM 194 advertised as a 9.2. I got it pressed, sent it to CGC and got a 9.6 on it. I got both at really good prices. $130 and $180. Those are the only two I’ve sent in for grading, but I probably bought 30+ books from him. I could have been lucky, but I had no issues. I do wonder where he gets all his books though. Constant high grade 300 ASM’s going up. 

Wow. That's incredible. Now I'll have to start paying particular attention to all of Cat's listings. Looking for bargains, image tracing everything and things like that. Who knows what deals and riches await. Buyers are literally stealing the books right out from under his nose. Thank you for that fantastic report, Cat. :idea:

7 hours ago, JustinL said:

I bought a bunch of books from beatlebluecat over the summer. I never had any issues. One book did have a tear on the back. I notified the seller and was promptly refunded. I bought an ASM 135 advertised as 9.2. I got it pressed, sent it to CGC and got a 9.2. I also bought an ASM 194 advertised as a 9.2. I got it pressed, sent it to CGC and got a 9.6 on it. I got both at really good prices. $130 and $180. Those are the only two I’ve sent in for grading, but I probably bought 30+ books from him. I could have been lucky, but I had no issues. I do wonder where he gets all his books though. Constant high grade 300 ASM’s going up. 

You've done so well that you should bid on and win this NM gem! :roflmao: But if you win, that would be shilling, right? :gossip:

BeatleBlueCat Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam - Comics General - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Edited by James J Johnson

3 hours ago, JustinL said:

I’m not shilling anything and not sure why you’re being sarcastic with me either. This was an old thread I stumbled across last night that had been posted on and brought back up. I’m not saying he isn’t cracking and pressing. He probably is and now I feel really lucky I didn’t have any bad experiences. The two books I mentioned were the only books I bought of much value. I didn’t buy any high end stuff. I’d be happy to give my eBay user name if you’d like and you can look up my purchase history. Then you can apologize to me as well. Jusla31 on eBay. 

Sorry Justin but I don't trust you, or your 3 posts that you currently have on your account.

I've tracked Beatle Blue Balls for years, and watched his sketchy ways. He was sketchy then, and proven to be sketchy now. So, sorry, if you aren't lying, good on you and good luck with that guy, but as far as everyone else is concerned:

Do not buy from Beatle Blue Cat, he is a fraudster. Period. Over and out.

Edited by D2

3 hours ago, JustinL said:

I’m not shilling anything and not sure why you’re being sarcastic with me either. This was an old thread I stumbled across last night that had been posted on and brought back up. I’m not saying he isn’t cracking and pressing. He probably is and now I feel really lucky I didn’t have any bad experiences. The two books I mentioned were the only books I bought of much value. I didn’t buy any high end stuff. I’d be happy to give my eBay user name if you’d like and you can look up my purchase history. Then you can apologize to me as well. Jusla31 on eBay. 

At any rate, thank you whoever you are. Your post was the father of what will now be my deep dive into the purchases and sales of this seller. Whosoever reads that and this thread, then upon seeing one of his listings on ebay pauses and does some due diligence prior to taking the plunge on another royal shaft to the hobby has you and your timely post to thank for saving them from a hit to their wallet broadside. (thumbsu

55 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

He said its the same IM55 that he purchased as CGC 7.5 but he had the defects pressed out. Also couldn't understand why I was asking about it.

There you go.  I have a CGC Teen Titans 29 in 8.5 that should press up to 9.2. If I ever get it done.

7 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Has anyone else here noticed that JustinL (BBC) has deleted his posts? Only in this thread. But not his 1 post in the Polished_Gem thread. hm

I noticed that, too.  You can only see the posts that other people quoted.

When he got mad, he gave his user name from eBay, said to go check out his rating there and purchase history.  Can you do that on eBay?  I thought you could only look up sellers, or people who bid on an item you are selling.  Is there a way to look up a person just based on their user name?

On 8/20/2019 at 8:34 AM, rube11 said:

I have never bought have watched his closely...and every big auction usually has at least 1 bidder with low feedback bids a bunch of time and raises the prices...then if they happen to win one, there score NEVER goes up.  You can't see the bidders, but its always the same number of positive feedbacks bidding..I presume but seems really fishy to me.  

What a sleazebag.

:boo:

On 12/18/2020 at 10:44 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

Also couldn't understand why I was asking about it.

I'd wager heavily that he's no longer unaware. The wrong guy gets a taste of the wrong apple, the rotten fruit from the poisoned tree, and the next thing you know, it's all thistles and thorns; goodbye paradise.. :devil:

Edited by James J Johnson

5 hours ago, Tedsaid said:

When he got mad, he gave his user name from eBay, said to go check out his rating there and purchase history.  Can you do that on eBay?  I thought you could only look up sellers, or people who bid on an item you are selling.  Is there a way to look up a person just based on their user name?

Jusla31 ebay activity and probably beyond ebay can most definitely be researched, and at this point, likely should be. I'll putter around a bit. 

On 12/19/2020 at 9:30 AM, Hepcat said:

What a sleazebag.

:boo:

I can find the bidders. Ebay shields enough of that info in the bidding log, but they do provide enough visibility, what else they bid on in which categories, activity with a seller, and most importantly, the number of their feedback, which is easy to search and identify with the right know how. Beyond that, there is more to tap into that ebay does not shield. 

On 12/19/2020 at 9:01 AM, Tedsaid said:

Feedback Profile (ebay.com)

On 12/18/2020 at 6:43 AM, James J Johnson said:

Wow. That's incredible. Now I'll have to start paying particular attention to all of Cat's listings. Looking for bargains, image tracing everything and things like that. Who knows what deals and riches await. Buyers are literally stealing the books right out from under his nose. Thank you for that fantastic report, Cat. :idea:

Man I was looking for those guy's posts so I could lay into him, but they are all gone.